My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

tv freezes

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peng

Hi
    I am new to this so I hope I have done this right,I have the FVP 5000T have been trying to get through to suport but have had no luck yet so I will ask here to see if anyone can help,if I am watching the TV with settop box in standby mode every now and then the screen goes black and I get a message saying no signal have tried it with box turned on it does not seem to happen,same thing if I watch TV withbox in standby mode when the box reaches a scheduled recording the picture freezes, is this a fault or a setting that needs to be changed the odvious choice would be to watch through the box all of the time which I do not think is right,anyone out there to help.

| Fri 31 Aug 2018 18:15:15 #1 |
  2. Trev

Trev

special member

It sounds to me like you have the aerial connection going to the box and then out of the box to the TV and the pass-through on the box is switching off for some reason.
    Get a 2 way splitter. Connect your aerial to the input of the splitter then feed the TV from one output and the box from the other.
    Unless your signal level is really marginal, the losses in the splitter will not be a problem.

| Sat 1 Sep 2018 7:02:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Peng - 16 hours ago  » 
    If I am watching the TV with settop box in standby mode every now and then the screen goes black and I get a message saying no signal have tried it with box turned on it does not seem to happen,same thing if I watch TV withbox in standby mode when the box reaches a scheduled recording the picture freezes, is this a fault or a setting that needs to be changed the odvious choice would be to watch through the box all of the time which I do not think is right,anyone out there to help.

Try turning off power saving in stand by on the Humax and also consider getting a screened HDMI cable.

| Sat 1 Sep 2018 11:04:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.