My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Twonky Beam and HDR 2000T

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Is it possible to use Twonky Beam with the Humax HDR 2000T please?

Thanks.

| Thu 31 Jul 2014 23:55:24 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

App does not appear to be available from either apple or google play stores on the devices I have tried.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 9:49:45 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Available on my iPhone app store and here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pv.twonkybeam&hl=en_GB for android devices

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 10:38:44 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Well that is strange does not appear on ipad mini or iphone 5 I have just purloined to check?

Does not appear in google play store for the android devices I have, all running android version 4.2.2 or later.

Anyone else can check please.

In the meantime I'll try downloading the apk and install.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 10:58:19 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Twonky Beam no longer seems to be available in my ipad app store. My installed version was updated awhile back - no longer recognises the ipad as a compatible device for beaming internet video from ipad to tv etc. It still finds and plays content stored on other devices on my network.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 11:05:34 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks James..

Update - installed apk and Beam finds HDR 2000T ok but will not play even SD video, states I need the premium beam package at a cost of £4.99, and I aint about to do that I'm afraid.

However I can tell you the Humax media player app will stream SD content from a HDR 2000T to a suitable media player such as mx player - only tried on an android device.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 11:27:49 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Thanks for trying Barry.

Yes, that's odd Twonky Beam doesn't show on my iPhone app store this morning even though I downloaded it from there not long ago and it still works very well with my Roku box (just checked it). And no premium package required either!

I was hoping I would also be able to stream content from my iPhone (and Kindle Fire) via the HDR 2000T. Is there any other way I could do it please?

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 11:58:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If it works with your Roku, what advantage would there be in streaming via the HDR 2000T? Sorry if I'm being thick.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 12:20:59 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Victor Delta

special member

Apart from the general advantage of being able to do everything via one device rather than 2, it would enable me to give the Roku to a family member.

The HDR 2000T is able to do most of the things I previously did on my Roku except using the excellent Twonky Beam to stream from my mobile devices. There are several other things it doesn't do but I can probably live without them!

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 12:32:16 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The HDR-2000T doesn't appear on the list of DLNA-certified devices (http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home/look-for-dlna/product-search) though the Fox-T2 does. Anyone tried Twonky Beam with the Fox-T2?

I believe Twonky Beam is implemented on the Roku by a companion app, the Twonky channel. When I first downloaded and tried out Twonky Beam, it spotted both my Samsung TV and my NowTV box as beamable-to, but in reality it could only beam to the TV, as the NowTV box doesn't have access to the Twonky channel. Presumably the Twonky channel supplies whatever bits of DLNA magic are missing from the Roku itself.

| Sat 2 Aug 2014 13:31:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.