My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Uploading recordings to new Aura - problems

(17 posts)
  1. jmaynard

jmaynard

I had to have a replacement Aura.
    Before returning the old unit I copied my recordings, via FTP, to my desktop - no problems in so doing.
    BUT, uploading them to my replacement Aura is proving difficult - whatever I try results in an error message - it seems that the problem is that the destination folder on the Aura is set to Read Only and cannot be changed via an FTP client. In other words, a Permissions issue.
    Can anyone suggest a method to get my recordings uploaded to the replacement box?
    Thanks

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 11:22:32 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Only way I can think might work, Is remove the drive and connect the drive to a PC booted into linux to see if you can upload the files. You might have to use the super user Sudo command.

https://phoenixnap.com/kb/linux-sudo-command

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 11:28:44 #2 |
  3. jmaynard

jmaynard

I don't really want to dismantle a brand new box and, anyway, don't have a PC (Apple shop).
    There must be a way of getting these recordings onto the Aura without needing a screwdriver...
    Thanks anyway

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 11:32:42 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

jmaynard - 9 mins ago  » 
    I don't really want to dismantle a brand new box and, anyway, don't have a PC (Apple shop).
    There must be a way of getting these recordings onto the Aura without needing a screwdriver...
    Thanks anyway

Linux is available for Apple Macs.

https://www.fossmint.com/best-linux-distros-to-install-on-macbook/

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 11:42:34 #4 |
  5. jmaynard

jmaynard

Linux is available for Apple Macs.

Yes, I know and I have VMWare so can run whatever. But I do not think it prudent to dismantle a box only days old and lose my consumer rights..

It seems odd that taking recordings off an Aura is relatively easy but there is no obvious way to put them back...

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 11:52:57 #5 |
  6. brian

brian

special member

Will your recordings even play on a replacement aura?

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:16:45 #6 |
  7. jmaynard

jmaynard

Since they were made by an Aura, I have assumed so...

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:17:36 #7 |
  8. brian

brian

special member

jmaynard - 2 mins ago  » 

Since they were made by an Aura, I have assumed so...

If previous boxes are anything to go by, the recordings will be encrypted, and will only play on the original box they were recorded on.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:21:31 #8 |
  9. jmaynard

jmaynard

If previous boxes are anything to go by, the recordings will be encrypted, and will only play on the original box they were recorded on.

Frankly, that would not surprise me (not overly impressed with Humax's approach to various features).
    BUT, the recordings saved to my Mac play perfectly well in VLC (no need even to change the file extension from .ts)

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:26:05 #9 |
  10. brian

brian

special member

jmaynard - 3 mins ago  » 

Frankly, that would not surprise me (not overly impressed with Humax's approach to various features).
    BUT, the recordings saved to my Mac play perfectly well in VLC (no need even to change the file extension from .ts)

Perhaps they will be okay then. Try putting one on a USB drive or HDD, and connect to one of your new aura USB ports. You should be able to play it using VLC, or KODI.

| Mon 1 Feb 2021 12:33:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.