My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

USB + SD Stick Issues

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jmdavies73

Firstly Hi to everyone on the forum. I love my Humax but I am currently experiencing some playback issues via my USB stick from some recordings I have made. It appears that this problem is erratic with the playback of a few but by no means all MP4 recordings. I use an SD card via a USB stick which syncs okay but when I come to play one or two programs either there is a jerky response with the picture or in other cases won't play at all or just plays a black screen. I have tried said USB/SD in laptops and smart TV's to test with no problem at all but some recordings do not want to play through my Humax which is proving inexplicably frustrating. Can anyone please help?
    Much appreciated
    JD

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 13:11:49 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Could be the video format it doesn't like. Download MediaInfo, open a troublesome file, select treeview and export the results to a text file. Post the text in a post, so we can have a look to see what might be the problem. Do the same with a file that plays OK.

MP4 is a container not a digital compressed video format.

You can buy cheap portable hdmi players (about £20.00) that support many more video standards using USB.

Welcome to our forum.

| Mon 30 Jan 2017 13:27:16 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.