My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Using a recorder with Foxsat HD

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcustom24

Hi, I'm new to the Forum, and to Humax. Just bought a Freesat Foxsat HD top box. I've connected by scart lead a recordable DVD/Hardrive recorder to record Freesat programmes, but I can't access the recorder. Nothing happens when I press the source button. Does anyone know what I'm not doing right?
    Thanks.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 15:17:41 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum.

What scart connections are you using ? Will the DVD recorder record RGB.

Assuming RGB connect the Foxsat TV scart to an AV input on the DVDR (usually AV1), check on the Foxsat it's set to output RGB. Connect a second scart on the DVDR (might be labelled vcr or Aux) to a TV scart. Select this scart on the TV so you can see the DVDR. Now look for a source/AV button on the DVDR remote, on some you might have to cycle down the channel list to find the TV scart (check the manual). You should now see the Foxsat pictures on the TV. The source button on the Foxsat remote connects anything connected to the vcr scart through to the TV.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 15:28:46 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Mmm! I would normally advise connecting the DVDR between the Foxsat and the TV the opposite way round to that just suggested? That is with the Foxsat connected to the AV2/AUX/VCR SCART of the DVDR and the TV to the AV1 SCART of the DVDR as they are wired up to allow RGB pass-through (and recording) from AV2 In to AV1 Out.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 16:11:37 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gomezz - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Mmm! I would normally advise connecting the DVDR between the Foxsat and the TV the opposite way round to that just suggested? That is with the Foxsat connected to the AV2/AUX/VCR SCART of the DVDR and the TV to the AV1 SCART of the DVDR as they are wired up to allow RGB pass-through (and recording) from AV2 In to AV1 Out.

The only DVDr's I have ever used only offered RGB recording from the TV scart (AV1) not from the pvr scart which offers S-video and composite. The OP needs to check the manual of the specific DVDR.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 16:18:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jcustom24

Hi Graham and Gomezz,

Thanks so much for your amazingly fast replies! I've got the T.V. scart from the Foxsat into scart in of the recorder, and scart out of the recorder into the scart of the T.V. and made sure everything's set to RGB as you said. On the T.V.remote, scroll down input to scart, and on the recorder remote,source to scart and Fantastic! it's all there!

Thank you so much! Hope this helps more "Newbies like me!"
    John.

| Wed 3 Oct 2012 17:27:42 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.