My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » Aura UHD

Vlc

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

I was watching a movie on vlc, it was running off a USB hard drive plugged into USB 3 port on the aura. For some reason the screen saver kept kicking in. I had to set it to come on after 2 hours of inactivity to be able to watch the film.

Does anyone know if there is a setting in vlc or aura to stop this happening?

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 14:49:47 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ant71 - 11 mins ago  » 
    I was watching a movie on vlc, it was running off a USB hard drive plugged into USB 3 port on the aura. For some reason the screen saver kept kicking in. I had to set it to come on after 2 hours of inactivity to be able to watch the film.
    Does anyone know if there is a setting in vlc or aura to stop this happening?

You could ask here to see if a never or longer settings times option could be added as there is in the open test beta software for Auto shutdown.

A user setting would be handy no idea if this is possible.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-suggestions-to-improve-unit

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 15:03:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dino

special member

VLC normally has a setting to disable screen saver on the host. I don't have an aura so can't check, but with VLC open the following sequence should find the option.

Tools
    Preferences
    Tick 'show settings all' at the bottom of the screen
    Scroll down to Video and highlight it.

There should be a tick box to disable screen saver.

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 15:26:52 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dino - 11 mins ago  » 
    VLC normally has a setting to disable screen saver on the host. I don't have an aura so can't check, but with VLC open the following sequence should find the option.
    Tools
    Preferences
    Tick 'show settings all' at the bottom of the screen
    Scroll down to Video and highlight it.
    There should be a tick box to disable screen saver.

I think it's the aura screensaver that is cutting in. It's a digital clock that constantly moves round the screen.

2hrs is currently the max time before it cuts in. I guess it only works with content like native recordings ant from a usb source connected to one of the 2 usb ports.

Alternative would be to upload to the beta DLNA Media Server. This feature should be publically released in the near future unless issues are found.

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 15:39:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Thanks for replying so quick. I had a look in vlc settings and there is no screen saver setting.

It's not the digital clock it's the backdrop screen saver with chrome cast built in text in bottom left.

Settings > device preferences > screen saver.

Thanks

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 16:01:42 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Ant71 - 11 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for replying so quick. I had a look in vlc settings and there is no screen saver setting.
    It's not the digital clock it's the backdrop screen saver with chrome cast built in text in bottom left.
    Settings > device preferences > screen saver.
    Thanks

That's the chromecast screen saver that cuts in when it's not active.

Open chrome in a window about half the screen width on a PC. Open file explorer in a window alongside with the usb device connected.

Drag the file you want to play to a blank tab in chrome it should start playback. There is a cast icon at the top and of the chrome window, the AURA is listed as 4K-GTR.

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 16:16:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ant71

Just tried it and it worked beautifully. Thanks Graham

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 16:52:31 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pretty sure this will work using the rear port and VLC on the box when the next public software release is available.

Suspect the comment re the chromecast status here is related. I could be wrong.

https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/aura-beta-software-dated-100421#post-89320

| Sat 10 Apr 2021 18:19:50 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.