My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

VLC on Aura

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MrMiggins

I have a Seagate drive plugged into the usb port on my Aura, and have VLC installed. The sound is ahead of the video. I've tried several settings, but can't sync it. Does anyone know how to sync VLC audio on 5he Aura?

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 16:25:15 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Will VLC play them OK on a PC. I have files on a USB stick. The audio delay is set on my aVR and no lip synch issues. Recordings made on the box have significant delay built in to the audio by the broadcaster.

Install MediaInfo on a computer. Open one of the files. Select view- tree export the text data to a file. It should include the built in audio delay relative to the video.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 16:42:01 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

This is part of the analysis of a Channel 4-HD recording. You would need a built in delay of around the same to lip synch the files.

Not sure how you created them. TSmuxerGUI can remux files and adjust the audio relative to the video.

Audio
    ID : 302 (0x12E)
    Menu ID : 17664 (0x4500)
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : LC
    Muxing mode : LATM
    Codec ID : 17
    Duration : 2 h 14 min
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -1 s 152 ms
    Language : English

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 16:49:29 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's a fairly easy way to test this. Use the Box Webif to export a HD recording to a PC. It will be transcoded to SD. Copy the file to your usb drive and check if it plays back without lip synch issues.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 16:53:40 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To have any chance of lip synch playback external files would need at least a built in audio delay of around 1000ms.

Suspect this is related to the request asking for the opposite correction.

The basic principle is pretty simple.

The amount of data the video decoder has to handle is massively larger than the audio decoder.

The difference is around a very large 1 second. Ergo the audio always needs to delayed around 1 second or so to get anywhere near the video output.

The built in delays are much smaller than this. It has to be the files you are using perhaps with zero delays to the audio. Without some idea as to the built in delay in the problem files this thread is going nowhere.

| Fri 30 Apr 2021 20:39:15 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.