My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

VLC Playback in browser problem

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Are there any special settings for VLC to playback in firefox browser?

I have the web plugin 2.0.2.0, clicking on play from the web interface media files brings up the VLC player in a new firefox window with all the button options but file never plays back?

Also, curious if there's any way of editing the synopsis for media files for files i have transfered to the Humax HDR?

cheers

Mark

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 0:12:18 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

First make sure that in package management, you have checked for updates for all packages. There is recient documentation updates - the FAQ answers your question.

You needed to ensure you selected the Mozilla addon was selected on the VLC install - by default only the internet explorer addon is ticked.

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 2:48:04 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

Thanks REPASSAC, damn you're good!

re-installed VLC although mozilla plugin was ticked by default?

update package list, then saw update 1.0.3 for vlc and installed that but yes you were right the short short and sweet answer is that I had a username and password for my web interface.

Should I be ok without it?

thanks again!

| Fri 31 Aug 2012 22:44:27 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The user name and password is a bit OTT unless you have allowed access to the Foxsat from the internet. This would have required you to set up port forwarding on your router for port 80 or 777.

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 8:18:42 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok thanks REPASSAC, I haven't setup any port forwarding so will assume I should be ok as both routers have their own firewall, and pc is firewalled.

So having been able to copy files onto the humax I have setup a folder for a series but see the same folder showing up in "radio" in media on the humax box, am unsure why but maybe I should save that for another thread?

only a few questions left before I can finally use it without any further problems!

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 14:45:03 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mamos22 - 7 minutes ago  » 
    So having been able to copy files onto the humax I have setup a folder for a series but see the same folder showing up in "radio" in media on the humax box, am unsure why but maybe I should save that for another thread?

User created folders appear in radio mode as well as video mode. I imagine you can move radio and tv recordings to the same folder - Never tried this though

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 14:55:33 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

ok thanks Graham, thought i was going crazy as I deleted one instance and then realised I had wiped out an entire series!

maybe you or someone can help with my final question then - can synopsis be edited via the web interface or do I need to edit the hmt file? have looked around for an answer on this but as yet FAQs don't mention it although I have seen another thread mention the hmt file re synopsis?

thanks again

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 15:11:15 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The folder should have been created under the /Video or /Media/Video shares. Any movies you place there will need to be converted to .ts format and passed via AV2HDR to create the two sidecar files.

ftp is very useful as the hmt path must be exact and using the AV2HDR ftp facility will do this for you.

The hmt can be edited using AV2HDR.

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 15:14:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mamos22

thanks REPASSAC, folder was created in media/video and the folder but not it's contents shows in "Radio" also, ftping to the box is successful using AV2HDR, ok will play around with AV2HDR editing hmt file, thanks

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 15:36:19 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Partridge2

can synopsis be edited via the web interface or do I need to edit the hmt file? have looked around for an answer on this but as yet FAQs don't mention it although I have seen another thread mention the hmt file re synopsis?

It can't be edited in the web interface I'm afraid, but you could do it manually in the hmt with a hex editor. See here for the structure of the hmt files:
    http://foxsatdisk.wikispaces.com/.hmt+file+format

The web interface uses a utility called hmt written by af123 and adrianf36 to manipulate the hmt file in question - if you enter hmt in telnet you can see the options (currently limited to title and filename changes plus changing some of the flags).

| Sat 1 Sep 2012 17:29:50 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.