My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Watch programme that's already being recorded

(13 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Calomax - 3 minutes ago  » 

Reginald - 1 hour ago  » 
    Here's something else to be aware of if you go into a recording from another channel. If you catch up with the live broadcast (skipping adverts etc) you will be dumped back to the channel you came from, not to the recording programme.
    Unless you are very quick to change back to the recording channel, in the confusion you will miss some of the programme you were watching and have to manually locate the point you were cut off to resume watching.
    Does that make any sense?

Another annoying thing is if you pause a live broadcast and have a programme set to record before you have finished watching the one you paused, you lose the remainder. Consequently I tend to record almost everything we want to see.

Good advice, afaik there are 3 circumstances where this happens.

1 You are recording the channel you are also live pausing
    2 You have set a recording on the same channel you are watching starting immediately after.
    3 One tuner is in use for recording so the tuner you are using for live pause is needed for a recording starting immediately after your programmme ends.

To avoid overunning the buffer while using chasing playback use the forward skip key when near the buffer end. The key is ignored if there isn't enough buffer left (By default 2 minutes)

| Sat 7 Apr 2012 10:47:07 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

gannonr

I set up my new Humax HDR Foxsat two days ago and set my chosen recordings.Iwanted to watch the voice on BBC1 about ten minutes into the recording -pressed media but it was'nt mentioned pressed i button it said it was recording ok - other programs have apeared on media list seconds after recording starts Whats going on?

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 21:25:42 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Was it a series Recording ?. If so the recording should be in a folder called The Voice if a one off it will be at the end of all the series folders. It takes about 30 seconds for a recording to appear in the media list. Welcome by the way. Other than that baffled.

| Sat 21 Apr 2012 21:50:02 #13 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.