My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

When? ITV Player, 4OD and 5 On Demand on HDR Fox T2

(11 posts)
  1. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

Now Humax have the technology to provide these services when will they be coming to the HDR Fox T2 Portal?

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 20:20:45 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Very very unlikely. Part of the technology is additional hardware and processing power.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 20:24:46 #2 |
  3. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

Nonsense. There's no additional processing power needed. They could run using the same technology as BBC iPlayer, I.e. a web style interface on the Humax Portal.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 22:44:21 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 27 minutes ago  » 
    Nonsense. There's no additional processing power needed. They could run using the same technology as BBC iPlayer, I.e. a web style interface on the Humax Portal.

G2 vod on demand services use HTML technology rather than MHEG used by the G1 spec boxes. Rather than posting nonsense I suggest you do a little research. Sorry you don't like the answer, as I said it's very unlikely to ever happen.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 23:17:02 #4 |
  5. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

No, if tvcatchup.com can do it through a simple web interface then the Portal technology could be adapted. After all 4OD is available on YouTube which is available on the Portal already.

| Sun 18 Nov 2012 23:36:28 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

musictechguy - 11 hours ago  » 
    No, if tvcatchup.com can do it through a simple web interface then the Portal technology could be adapted. After all 4OD is available on YouTube which is available on the Portal already.

Being possible doesn't mean it will happen.

| Mon 19 Nov 2012 11:30:50 #6 |
  7. musictechguy

musictechguy

Banned

Being possible doesn't mean it will happen.

So now the position has moved from it not being possible to it being possible but not necessarily happening.

It should happen ASAP IMO.

| Mon 19 Nov 2012 12:22:59 #7 |
  8. John the Met

John the Met

Good Day Chaps.
    Now, I'm no tech. expert but I would go with musictechguy in that we effectively have a multiportal facility via the TV Portal on the HDRFOXT2 a portal that has been changed recently.
    Now grahamlthompson has hit the nail on the head when he said "Being possible doesn't mean it will happen" And why won't it happen? The reason could very well be that there is no financial gain for Humax to provide added facilities to an effectively obsolete piece of kit, they would prefur to sell you added functionality in a new product and gain financially.
    Of course this new equipment does not come with any guarantee that all of its as advertised facilities will be available out of the box as with the missing YouTube on the HDR1000S.
    So how will the advertised facility be added, no doubt with a firmware update? So what this update entail? I would describe it in PC desktop terms. An icon and a link on the desktop. This seems to be going back to the HDRFOXT2 and its Portal.

| Tue 25 Dec 2012 19:03:16 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

musictechguy - 1 month ago  » 

Excepting a HTML5 engine that is.

| Tue 25 Dec 2012 20:27:33 #9 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

John the Met - 1 hour ago  » 
    Good Day Chaps.
    Now, I'm no tech. expert but I would go with musictechguy in that we effectively have a multiportal facility via the TV Portal on the HDRFOXT2 a portal that has been changed recently.
    Now grahamlthompson has hit the nail on the head when he said "Being possible doesn't mean it will happen" And why won't it happen? The reason could very well be that there is no financial gain for Humax to provide added facilities to an effectively obsolete piece of kit, they would prefur to sell you added functionality in a new product and gain financially.
    Of course this new equipment does not come with any guarantee that all of its as advertised facilities will be available out of the box as with the missing YouTube on the HDR1000S.
    So how will the advertised facility be added, no doubt with a firmware update? So what this update entail? I would describe it in PC desktop terms. An icon and a link on the desktop. This seems to be going back to the HDRFOXT2 and its Portal.

You sound more like a troll every day. Firstly what kit do you have and what functionality do you think was promised "out of the box"?

| Tue 25 Dec 2012 20:32:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.