My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Where is Software Update option?

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

plusman

Hi. My HDR-1000S 1Tb has updated automatically to the June 15th software version. However I cannot find the option for manually updating the software. If I press the Humax button, Settings, System Settings then it goes straight into Power Options; there is no option to software update or change storage (even though these are also mentioned in the information blurb at the top of the screen). Does anybody know where the software update option has disappeared to?

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 7:17:34 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Manually updating the software is not done via the menu.

The notes on the download page tell you how:

http://humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=135&pid=6

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 7:25:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

plusman

Repassac. Thanks for the reply.

However the problem seems to have resolved itself overnight when the device was on standby (though looking at the system information, I can't see any change). Now when I select Humax/Home button, Settings, System Settings I get the menu for STB, Power Options, Software Update, Storage, etc. It wasn't there last night but is there now!

Either I am losing it (which is entirely possible but I don't think so) or there is some glitch.

I'll keep an eye on it and see if it remains there over the coming days.

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 8:26:55 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

plusman

RESOLVED:

I now know why this is happening - thanks to Barry's note in the FAQ section which I only just noticed. The options did not appear when I looked last night because a recording was in operation.

I've just tried it out and all except the power options under system settings disappear when a recording is happening; they reappear when there is no recording.

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 8:38:10 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

plusman - 1 hour ago  » 
    RESOLVED:
    I now know why this is happening - thanks to Barry's note in the FAQ section which I only just noticed. The options did not appear when I looked last night because a recording was in operation.
    I've just tried it out and all except the power options under system settings disappear when a recording is happening; they reappear when there is no recording.

That's because tuner 1 is required and you are using it to record (or look for the accurate record start during the 15 minutes before a accurate recording is due to start).

| Thu 23 Jul 2015 10:04:41 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.