My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Why no support on the humax website?

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Hi

I got my brand spanking new HDR 1000s on Christmas Eve and am loving it.

One question though, why isn't there any support information on the humax website?

When I select support, it asks me for my model number and I can't see the HDR 1000s anywhere

Am I looking in the wrong place?

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 21:38:58 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum, basically it's because the box is so new.

All purchasers had the same software at launch, all users should have the upgrade to 1.0.16 completely automatically. Other than the documentation you already have (which is now downloadable) there's nothing extra to link to. Whether Humax will post future software updates before they get transmitted ota, we shall have to wait and see

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 22:30:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dinkybluebug

Thank you for your reply

Where is the definitive place then I would go to find out when there is a firmware upgrade?

| Fri 28 Dec 2012 23:43:30 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wizzo

grahamlthompson - 10 hours ago  » 
    All purchasers had the same software at launch, all users should have the upgrade to 1.0.16 completely automatically. Other than the documentation you already have (which is now downloadable) there's nothing extra to link to. Whether Humax will post future software updates before they get transmitted ota, we shall have to wait and see

I'm sorry but saying the box is so new is the reason it is not on the support site is rubbish - for example the mini iPad is newer. is that on the apple site? It is more likely the normal poor customer support by Humax.

The best place to find out about updates is on this forum which thankfully fills the support void.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 9:19:22 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wizzo - 1 hour ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 10 hours ago  » 

I'm sorry but saying the box is so new is the reason it is not on the support site is rubbish - for example the mini iPad is newer. is that on the apple site? It is more likely the normal poor customer support by Humax.
    The best place to find out about updates is on this forum which thankfully fills the support void.

What exactly would you expect to find ? There is no new software (all boxes should have upgraded from 1.0.6 to 1.0.16), a downloadable version of the documentation is provided.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 10:54:16 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wizzo

If you need to ask you dont know much about customer service lol
    How about a full user manual to start with !

Freesat box support

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 12:59:32 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wizzo - 11 minutes ago  » 
    If you need to ask you dont know much about customer service lol
    How about a full user manual to start with !
    What support should look like [url=http://www.apple.com/uk/support/ipad/][/url]

Humax in this case provide the hardware, the main user interface software and the documentation is provided by Freesat, other than the hardware and the small part of the UI specific to the Humax box only (Home Humax). You can't expect Humax to provide support for software (including documentation) for freesat's code. Freesat is where the support information should be found. Same applies to the Youview box that Humax makes.

Try looking on a site for a manafacturer that makes Sky boxes for support. You won't find it they provide the hardware for Sky, the software is down to Sky.

Apple make the kit, they provide the software, it's so restrictive that to download anything to the box you have to use itunes.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 13:20:20 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wizzo

So why are samsung offering support for a Freesat box? (Link in earlier post)

Ps don't remember asking about Sky lol.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 13:39:34 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Wizzo - 6 minutes ago  » 
    So why are samsung offering support for a Freesat box? (Link in earlier post)
    Ps don't remember asking about Sky lol.

Samsung don't have a G2 box, The G1 Humax box Foxsat-hdr has a support section as well.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=65

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 13:49:04 #9 |
  10. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

I think what Graeme is trying to get across is that it should be freesat providing the support & documentation.
    You should be complaining to them.
    Samsung probably realised that freesat are not providing good support so setup a page to try and limit the volume of support calls they probably get.

| Sat 29 Dec 2012 13:56:47 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.