My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Box turns off when changing channel 2000T

(18 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

mildredroper - 3 hours ago  » 
    Still looking for a fix for this if anyone has any ideas, please?

As Martin has stated suspect a new software version will be needed.

Have tried to find a work around to no avail so far.

My limited tests results - If recording and user changes from an IPTV to broadcast channel, unit reboots to off - recording is obviously curtailed.

Not recording unit reboots to IPTV channel again.

Both cases after reboot or when next switched on if user inputs a broadcast channel number when the N/N banner appears and before IPTV channel has a chance to stream then unit changes to broadcast channel.

Problem reported to Humax Towers yesterday.

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 11:53:57 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mildredroper

Thanks everybody

Humax have told me to do a manual update of the software but the current software 1.01.13 is the one I have installed.

And the instructions they gave me (power off box, insert usb, power on tap the down channel key) don't work.

I wish I'd never bought this thing.

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 15:00:26 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

mildredroper - 49 minutes ago  » 
    And the instructions they gave me (power off box, insert usb, power on tap the down channel key) don't work.

You do realise that the down channel key is the one on the front of the box not the remote?

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 15:50:42 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mildredroper

Martin Liddle - 1 minute ago  » 

mildredroper - 49 minutes ago  » 

You do realise that the down channel key is the one on the front of the box not the remote?

Yep

| Tue 14 Apr 2015 15:51:54 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

memyself

Hi all,

First post here - installed my HDR 2000T last Saturday and have had numerous crashes since.

I upgraded from 1.01.06 to 1.01.13, and the crashes continued, but yesterday evening I too narrowed down the cause to 'Vintage TV', since they only seem to happen when selecting this channel,

So I'm pleased to see that this is now a known bug that will hopefully be sorted very soon

Martin

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 19:44:56 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hugh J

I also had this happen yesterday. Not only does it cause the box to crash when you change channel, it always comes back to Vintage TV. I had to re-scan the entire channel list to get rid of it, which also meant setting up my favourites list again and also the series recordings.

It's hardly an essential channel and the videos are usually appalling quality, but it would be nice to have the option of dipping into it once in a while.

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 20:30:52 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

memyself

Hi Hugh,

Could you not have simply deleted this channel from your list if you don't want it, rather than re-scanning from scratch and losing your other settings?

As a musician, I really like to dip into Vintage TV and wallow in nostalgia, so I'd prefer to get the bug fixed and carry on viewing

Martin

| Thu 23 Apr 2015 20:50:21 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

I have the same problem, but I have found a solution.

When you change the channel the box will re-boot, stick with it, and when it does re-boot change the channel before Vintage has loaded up, i.e. press the channel down button repeatedly as the box is firing up!

It seems to be only once the channel is loaded that the reboot problem occurs.

| Fri 5 Jun 2015 9:39:12 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.