My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Disk Disappears after Power Cut

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

tt1234567

I haven't got round to doing a factory reset yet, but I did contact Humax about it. They suggested I reformat the disk. Is that likely to make any difference? It seems implausible to me but I'm not an expert. I suppose I could transfer all the recordings to an external drive but it would be very inconvenient.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 10:13:44 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

have you had any more power cuts since last posting 5th Feb, and does power cycling the box afterwards work or do you still have to wait for the next scheduled recording?

You've still not confirmed which software version the box has

reformatting the disk is a useful thing to do once in a blue moon, especially if the power has been disconnected abruptly a few times however; last time I did this it took 20 hours to copy the stuff off to an external drive and 23 hours to copy it back again. Taking the disk out would have been far quicker, but would leave the box useless for the duration.

Even with a disk format, if the problems are caused by power cuts then it will come back again following the next batch of power cuts.

I'm amazed at times the complicated lengths people will go to in order to solve a problem, but steadfastly refuse to do the basics.

If it were me...
    confirm the latest software and update as necessary, power cycle after the next power cut (I can't imagine that this won't work), and... take a note of the schedule, wifi etc. and reset the box without a format.
    Software and reset takes a few minutes and I'd do that now, wait for the next power cut and then if necessary power cycle the box assuming it's non-responsive

At the end of the day it's your decision, let us now how you get on

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 11:26:42 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

tt1234567

Thanks for the reply.

The software is 1.01.06.

Power cycling after a power cut didn't help but I haven't tried it again and we've had no more power cuts.

I intend to try a reset but I haven't had the time to do it yet.

I haven't gone to any complicated lengths (yet) - I just wondered what others thought of Humax's suggestion to reformat the disk.

| Tue 24 Feb 2015 12:02:22 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

tt1234567

Over the weekend I finally got round to trying a factory reset and it seems to have cured the problem, at least for now. Many thanks for the advice.

I'm less impressed by Humax's insistence that I should reformat the disk.

| Mon 2 Mar 2015 12:32:53 #14 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.