My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 and postcode

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Des

What does the DTR-T1000 do with the post-code I enter? Look up the channel set on the net? Use a hard-coded set downloaded with the software?

| Mon 24 Feb 2014 18:46:35 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Des - 24 minutes ago  » 
    What does the DTR-T1000 do with the post-code I enter? Look up the channel set on the net? Use a hard-coded set downloaded with the software?

Here's what they say:

1.2.2 Postcode: We ask you for your postcode upon your set-up of the YouView service. We and our content providers will use your postcode for reporting and/or analysis purposes and/or to provide Content-related services which may include additional and improved localisation services (such as local radio), beyond what can be provided through simply using your approximate geographic location. We and our content providers may also use your postcode to provide locally relevant advertising to you on your YouView device. However, if you do not want your postcode to be available to us or our content providers, you can currently either decline to provide it during set-up or you can subsequently delete it by going to the Settings menu. If you have entered your postcode incorrectly, or wish to add your postcode after set-up, you can update it via the Settings menu.
    http://www.youview.com/privacy/product/#sthash.X9RvhFVm.dpuf

| Mon 24 Feb 2014 19:14:19 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Des

Thanks James.

I was wondering if faulty channel selection could be the source of the frequent lock-ups that I have been suffering with my box? I have just received a replacement box from Humax and it is suffering the exact same problem as the first unit- freezing on playback, go-slow on the guide, etc.

I had assumed that the hard-disk was borked, but since the same problem occurs on the replacement, I'm trying to find a common cause.

| Mon 24 Feb 2014 19:50:03 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I used to get the freezing-on-playback, on my first box and then again on its (now dead) replacement. And there have been fairly numerous reports from other users. Impossible to assess what proportion of boxes might be affected or what might be the cause(s), with so little information from YouView.

It might be worth trying a soft reset, and if that doesn't help, a Maintenance Mode reset (http://videos.youview.com/support/maintenance_mode.pdf). If no joy, don't hesitate to report it to Humax and get it replaced again. You won't be the first.

| Mon 24 Feb 2014 20:10:40 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.