My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 Cannot Perform Software Update

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikhailCompo

I have had a problem with my DTR-T1000 for some time now. I turn it on from standby (low power savings/fast start) and the device almost always freezes at the Updating Software page. When I then turn it off and on using the remote, it boots up fine, but the YouView button does not work so i cannot watch recordings (the other buttons work, i can change channels and view the guide, just nothing using the blue button). Strange issues, but very consistent.

So i finally decided to do something about it.

When I try manual updates, it does nothing when i click Update.

So i started the device in maintenance mode, and tried to download software from internet and save recordings, tried multiple times and failed every time - It downloads, then starts to process the software but fails.

So I did a factory reset, after starting up and going through the setup, I tried a manual software update, it gets further after the factory reset in that it goes through the process of downloading with the progress bar etc. but always fails.

My IT skills are excellent, my box has a wired connection and the internet connection is excellent, so I am confident that there are no internet issues on the box (iplayer etc. work fine and the settings show connected fine).

Please can someone tell me how I can try to fix these issues, and if they cannot be resolved, who should I contact???? YourView? Humax? BT? The support process is very confusing....

My software versions are:
    Manufacturer software 18.10.10
    Component software: 2.5.6
    Platform configuration: 1017
    ISP configuration (blank)

Thanks in advance for any help people!

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 11:27:14 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikhailCompo

I have seen this post and tried the 8 second soft reboot, but this has not fixed the problem: http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/dtr-t1000-update-failure

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 11:28:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Hi Mikhail

Unfortunately, there's not much you can try beyond the resets and Maintenance Mode options you've already tried. I'd suggest ringing Humax if it's still under guarantee. They may offer a replacement.

The DTR-T1000 was the first of the Humax YouView range and seems to have been prone to early failure. I had two, the first one died within nine months and was replaced - replacement died within six months. And I'm far from being the only one. The DTR-T2000 boxes seem to be much more reliable.

Edit. Just realised you mentioned BT. If BT provided the box, you should contact them. If it's a BT-branded box which you bought retail, contact Humax. If out of guarantee, contact retailer.

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 11:59:21 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikhailCompo

To close this thread:

Phoned BT. They sent an engineer next day (Saturday) who confirmed it was a software issue with the box and it needed to be replaced.

Poor reliability record the Humax first gen boxes apparently - He showed me the PDF listing all the known common faults - dozens and dozens of them.

| Sun 9 Nov 2014 17:30:51 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Poor reliability record the Humax first gen boxes apparently - He showed me the PDF listing all the known common faults - dozens and dozens of them.

Yeh, that, sounds about right. Good that BT are replacing, did they agree to provide a replacement from the T2000 range?

| Sun 9 Nov 2014 18:53:37 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.