My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 info

(37 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What if anything Barry is good with the box ?

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 11:31:26 #21 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yeah Graham I know I am being very negative.

I think Youview, and many of the reviews I have looked at got the priorities wrong, concentrating on the on demand functions, which it does quite well, but forgetting first and foremost it is a PVR.

Maybe they will improve it with updates, as they get more feedback.

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 11:40:37 #22 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

In that case then, I would assume the OD functions must/have to be top notch for this box to succeed!

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 11:44:29 #23 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Barry - 3 minutes ago  » 

Wasn't what I meant, being honest isn't negative

Be interesting to see how it affects the survey results

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 11:45:24 #24 |
  5. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Looks like you can get a YouView box (presumably the DTR-T1000) from TalkTalk if you sign up to one of its 'YouView' bundles: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/07/26/talktalk_q1_results/

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 12:09:15 #25 |
  6. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

chrisdaniels - 4 months ago  » 
    Is there any info/specs on this box yet?
    Google cannot find anything..

I have now created a wiki page on this box: http://myhumax.org/wiki/index.php/Humax_DTR-T1000

| Thu 26 Jul 2012 14:28:39 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Barry - 3 days ago  » 
    I think Youview, and many of the reviews I have looked at got the priorities wrong, concentrating on the on demand functions, which it does quite well, but forgetting first and foremost it is a PVR.
    Maybe they will improve it with updates, as they get more feedback.

I agree with Barry. I was expecting the DTR-T1000 to be a replacement for the HDR Fox T2, but it is a million miles from being such. As far as I can see you need an HDR Fox T2 as a normal PVR, and then use the DTR-T1000 for the on demand stuff. If Humax would just add 4OD, ITV Player and Demand5 to the HDR Fox T2 there would be virtually no purpose in having the DTR-T1000.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 17:41:11 #27 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Thanks Owen. I take it you have a unit then (seen a post elsewhere, you do not need to answer that if a triallist)

5.1 is not enabled on the unit yet.

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 22:01:30 #28 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

buftyboy

Hi all,
    I have this weekend just set up my DTR-T1000, having sold my HDR T2 to fund it.

Simply put, the potential for the youview is there, but needs lots of work.
    If you ingone the ITVplayer, 4OD, 5catchup, its no better than the T2, infact probably worse, reasons to follow...

I was bit dissapointed, to have lost the T2 functionality, to me, the T2 as a base line, with the addition of youview EPG would have justified the price, effectivley a T2 with the other catchup players, accessed through the guide, it can't be that hard.

All of the non BBC catchup players are quirky, and you can't skip adverts.
    I could just buy a T2 1GB, and record my favourties, then I don't need the catchup players.

I am with TalkTalk and have their 80MB fibre installed ready for this, and they won't enable all their content unless I pay for the plus package, which gives me day time calls, what is the relationship to TV, surley a full fibre subscriber should have all the ondamand content, not the 24/7 calls subscriber, but I appreciate this is a talktalk issue.

Also with talktalk I would get a free unit anyway, so I would be better, with a HDR T2, and a talktalk subscrition provided box, and still be finacially better off.

I don't want to sound negative, and I do like to back technology, hence buying this early on, but unless there is a software update ASPA to get all the T2 functionality on the T1000, I think I will be changing back.

A list of issues as I see it:
    The network capability has gone to store, access or view from TV
    No picture viewer, or media library, no you tube etc etc.
    The remote has lost the ability to control my amp, DVD, etc why?
    The guide cannot be customised so it takes ages to scan through (the one thing this unit is supposed to be best at)
    To get BBC HD I have to scroll down about 50 channels.
    The radio channels, and adult channels are also non removable.

Fianally, I imagined, as I cannot customise the guide, that if I search for a program, it would take me to that program, but instead, only offers the catch up version, if that is part way though, you cannot watch till the next day, so the whole point of youview is still no better than just using the inbuilt BBC iPlayer of the T2.

I am not wishing to sound negative, just constructive, but to make this work, it needs all of the mass appeal that make the HUMAX products like the T2 great.

I hope you understand my points.
    I appreciate their may be "apps" in the future, but the base technology needs to work first.

Regards
    Richard

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 10:31:12 #29 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum buftyboy

Thank you for your comments, a fair appraisal I think.

| Mon 30 Jul 2012 10:44:54 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.