My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR-T1000 locking up

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

petehod

Hello,
    I'm new to the forum and to owning a Humax DTR-T1000/500GB that arrived last Friday. Initially set up and working fine I have now experienced the unit locking up/freezing on four occasions.

The box stays stuck on the channel being used but the remote has no effect on changing anything. The only solution I have found is to turn the box off by the rear power switch and then back on again, which appears to reboot the box and it works normally again.
    I can see this topic has been covered for different models but I am a bit confused (not a new feeling) as the best course of action. The unit is a "Graded A" box so has already gone through something prior to refurbishment and resale by Humax direct, it is however under warranty for 12 months.

Am I missing something simple to put things right? What order would anyone suggest I try as a solution, for example factory reset etc.

I would be very grate ful for any ideas,

Pete

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 11:49:43 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Ring Humax. If it's misbehaving already, it's not going to get any better. Humax have a very efficient exchange procedure.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 11:57:42 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Whilst I agree with James in that you should contact Humax they might ask you to perform a Maintenance Mode reset which might be worth trying see this pdf for instructions:

Link to pdf

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 12:33:29 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

petehod

Thanks Barry, do I go for one of the factory reset options?

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 13:10:47 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Yep that is correct.

| Mon 20 Jan 2014 14:23:11 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulcroft

I have the same problem. I've had my DTR-1010 about 2 months now and suddenly, for no reason, the remote will have no effect. It's as though the batteries have gone dead. It can take up to a minute to work again and once the only way to get it to work was to turn the Humax off and on using the button at the back.

If I try a factory reset will this delete all my saved stuff?

Paul

| Fri 31 Jan 2014 19:47:44 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

petehod

Paul, when you go into the factory reset there are two options, one to keep recordings one to delete them, you can choose.
    I tried this a few times (both, although I had nothing recorded anyway) but it made no difference whatsoever. The unit carried on playing up, continually locking up and the latest trick was to not display the clock when in standby mode or switching itself on and displaying the clock or please wait.

I eventually came to the conclusion that I was flogging a dead horse and contacted Humax, they agreed to replace the box straightaway. The new one arrived today and has been working correctly for almost 7 hours now. Everything crossed I've got a fault free one this time.
    Best of luck, if it keeps playing up get it replaced.

| Fri 31 Jan 2014 19:56:31 #7 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

If you intend to carry out a reset as detailed in pdf link above, then carefully select the option that retains recordings.

| Fri 31 Jan 2014 19:56:40 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

paulcroft - 17 minutes ago  » 
    I have the same problem. I've had my DTR-1010 about 2 months now and suddenly, for no reason, the remote will have no effect. It's as though the batteries have gone dead. It can take up to a minute to work again and once the only way to get it to work was to turn the Humax off and on using the button at the back.
    If I try a factory reset will this delete all my saved stuff?
    Paul

I found that the 4th option ("Internet / USB Recovery, keep recordings") was quite useful, in that it did download the current software and this would usually be enough to get the box up again for awhile - giving you more time to watch up your recordings before it dies completely.

Edit. And it does keep the recordings.

| Fri 31 Jan 2014 20:10:47 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

FlyByDay

My DTR-T1010 is now locked up with "Please Wait".
    The DTR will not even recognise any button presses except the rear Power button and the front Power Button.
    The Remote is also able to power up the DTR but no other keys get recognised.
    YouView Customer Support could not help.
    Humax just insist on me carrying out a Factory Restore.

This software just is not up to the job and it is not up to me to juggle with buttons to do a Factory Restore.

Come on Humax, get your act sorted, and try testing the software before releasing it!

Just not good enough.

| Mon 3 Feb 2014 23:51:58 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.