My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

DTR T1000 switches of whilst playing a recording

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

redwizard999

I have had a problem with my DTR-T1000 unit over the past week. It began when, during the playback of a recording, the screen appeared to freeze momentarily before going black. The remote would not work on the unit and I had to switch it off. On turning it on the unit then started going through the startup procedure before going to a black screen in the middle of the welcome. I had to switch the unit off and on several times before it finally went all the way through the startup and I was able to watch the TV. However I then noticed that all of my scheduled recording list had been wiped. On inspecting the guide I noticed that the programmes I wished to record were still showing as being down for record. I decided to delete one of the recorded programmes on the guide and then re-instate the recording to see if this put it into the recording schedule. It did not. I decided to carry out a factory reset on the unit and retune all the channels, but losing my recorded programmes. I noticed the next day that if the unit is in standby it does not record any scheduled programme but goes into a mode that does not respond except by switching off and then on again. This evening it stopped playing a recorded programme 3 times in the space of 30 mins, and I can hear a regular clicking sound that sounds like the hard disc to me. Now at a loss on what to do next. I think it needs returning back to HUMAX. It is just over 1 year old but has a 2 year guarantee.

| Sun 24 Aug 2014 22:20:16 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

redwizard999 - 2 minutes ago  » 
    I think it needs returning back to HUMAX. It is just over 1 year old but has a 2 year guarantee.

A swap sounds like a good idea. You might consider asking if they'll give you a DTR-1010, which on the basis of anecdotal reports appears to be more reliable than the DTR-T1000. Doesn't hurt to ask - they're surely going to use up the T1000s sometime.

Edit. If you ask this and they agree, do let us know.

| Sun 24 Aug 2014 22:30:14 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.