My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Folders on network (DLNA) server

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian

Hi all,

I wondered if anyone else has seen the following issue. Up until now I've had video content in a "flat" structure on my DLNA server. Now I've copied some TV series, and placed them in folders so that they're easier to find. Or so I thought. When I click on one of the folders, it just takes me to the top of the page. So I have no way of navigating the folder structure.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks!

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 9:11:27 #1 |
  2. athomson

athomson

special member

I found DLNA file structure a bit strange which is why I stick to SMB shares on a Windows network. I can see my NAS but you need to set Windows 7 to 40-bit encription and enable guest access with no password to get things working if I remember. Then you can see the same file structure you created on the the PC in a shared directory. I have never managed to get DLNA working as I think it should work though, so maybe little help.

Andy

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 9:24:36 #2 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Folders are shares on my D-Link 320 NAS. I don't know what your DLNA server is, but you must be able to setup shares so that the HDR can see them as folders.

I suspect none have been setup and so you are not seeing anything when you go into 'folders'.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 10:23:04 #3 |
  4. super-admin

super-admin

senior admin

Ian, you can not use your email address as your user name. I have now changed this to 'ianp' please login using this name.

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 10:34:31 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian

son_t - 1 hour ago  » 
    Folders are shares on my D-Link 320 NAS. I don't know what your DLNA server is, but you must be able to setup shares so that the HDR can see them as folders.
    I suspect none have been setup and so you are not seeing anything when you go into 'folders'.

Would you mind explaining what you mean by your folders being shares please? This is just the folder structure that my DLNA server (Logitech Media Server, formerly Squeezebox Server) is presenting. I can navigate these folders using another DLNA client, but can't get into them on the Humax.

Many thanks!

| Tue 25 Sep 2012 12:11:40 #5 |
  6. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

My D-link NAS 320 has several functions from SMB to DLNA. I have to enable the DLNA server by selecting the 'folders' on the NAS hard drives and 'share' them. Once shared, the HDR can then see the shares under 'folders'.

You might need to do something similar with your Logitech Media Server. Are you certain that the folders access by the other client is done via DLNA (UPnP) service?

I am not too familiar with Logitech Media Server, but if it is the software that I installed a while ago to test out music streaming, I will have an investigate for you.

| Wed 26 Sep 2012 11:45:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ian

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be a bug in the Hummy. If I have a folder that contains media files and folders, I'm unable to select the folders. If I move the files to another sub-folder, I can select the folder. I can get around this by ensuring the media files are always in their own folder, so for example I've moved the films that were in the root to their own folder "Films". I now have one folder called Films, one called TV, and I can navigate as I like.

Thanks for your replies!

Ian

| Sat 29 Sep 2012 19:34:02 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.