My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Frozen and non responsive to remote

(40 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

had to post here as Humax support has given me no response!

I have had my 2000T for just a couple of days and already it has frozen up while using bbc iplayer. It was unresponsive to the remote and front panel buttons which left me the only option of powering off at the wall.

Today the remotes was unresponsive again, the TV portal failed and earlier any bbci or youtube stream failed despite my internet connection being fine.

Using the HDMI cable, my Sony flatscreen tv does not detect a signal from the Humax.

I have sent 2 support request to Humax and have had no response. Should I take the unit back as faulty or is there a fix ?

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 10:54:37 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Just tried iplayer and youtube on my units and all appears to be ok, so first question

Do you have the latest software version 1.01.06 uploaded?

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:09:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Thank you Barry.
    I did a software upgrade a couple of days ago and it is up to date.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:40:42 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I can also confirm the tv portal is working again.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:59:28 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Good news, thank you for the update.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 12:09:23 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I am still not happy that the machine froze a couple of days ago, even with the latest software. I just need it confirming if this is a fault and is best having replaced or not ?

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 12:39:35 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

No freezes so far for me, you could try a factory reset see if that improves matters - make a note of your recording schedule if you do, as you will have to re schedule timers.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 12:56:50 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

properly rebooting the box, i.e. disconnecting from mains should always be done imho after a software update. If that doesn't help then a factory reset, no formatting.

I've seen a few posts where people have returned their boxes again and again for a replacement only to experience the same so called fault.

My Humax crashed the first time I used iplayer after bbc updated it recently. My PC froze last night and no amount of button presses was going to get it back, I was left with a choice of rebooting or leaving it which was what I did and after 10 mins or so it came back no problems at all. There's nothing wrong with the PC hardware, just a glitch.
    Sometimes the boxes can get stuck in iplayer/portal and it's important to make sure the box has exited out properly, press exit a couple of times, otherwise it will become unresponsive and look and feel as it it's frozen.

Just because the internet connection is fine and even when a pc can view iplayer with no problem doesn't mean to say that there isn't an internet problem. Wifi is always dodgy and makes diagnosing on top of possible ISP and bbc iplayer server problems difficult.

My guess is your box got stuck in iplayer. You will get problems every now and again, proper rebooting and a factory reset especially after an update if there are problems should fix it. Obviously if problems persist after a reset then the box could be faulty, but very unlikely.

What are the issues with the hdmi and sony tv? Presumably it's working somehow for you to get a picture. hdmi handshaking and CEC can cause problems. I'd suggest switching off CEC aka bravia sync and factory resetting the Humax again assuming it's plugged into hdmi 1. If there are still problems on hdmi 1 do the same again with it connected to hdmi 2. Was the box freezing linked to the sony not detecting a signal?

I can guarantee that the box will freeze up again at some point in the future, it maybe 6, 12 or 24 months, it maybe after an update, but at some point it will freeze and a reboot or reset if necessary will put it right. Any replacement will be the same and obviously if a problem persists then that will need further intervention.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 17:15:12 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Ok, so I am connected by ethernet, not wi-fi.

The HDMI cable has been tried in both slots on the tv and each time it says nothing detected. The ONLY way I can get a picture from the Humax is via scart cable which I think shows the image quality softer and a bit washed out, especially in i player) I have unplugged the scart with just the HDMI and again no picture. There are no settings as such in the Humax where you can reference the HDMI.

If I do a factory reset (not sure why you would keep having to do this after an update) I will lose my recorded programs which I don't want to.I will also have to re-scan channels and go through all the adult rubbish one by one and deleting. And the fact that I have to key in a code every time makes it even more time consuming. Grr

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 19:27:25 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

1. You can access HDMI resolution settings via menu, settings, preferences, video.

2. A factory reset does not delete recordings, but you will have to reschedule timers.

3. You can delete multiple channels via menu, settings, edit channels, (default password 0000) edit channel list - highlight channel you want to delete and press ok, highlight the next press ok and so on then press red to delete the selected channels.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 19:36:19 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.