My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Frozen and non responsive to remote

(40 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

hubb - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Ok, tried to change the resolution and it's greyed out at 1080

It should not be if you carry out a factory reset with scart as per my post #20 para 2 then change to HDMI cable after reset.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 12:08:07 #31 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 11 minutes ago  » 
    If I can select 720p I would but it's grayed out on my Humax

I know

but it seems you can't get HDCP handshake at any resolution.

Has the TV ever worked from a HDMI source ?

Do you get anything on screen when connected by HDMI during the box boot up ?

Boot up displays don't normally have to HDCP handshake with the TV.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 12:18:01 #32 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Yes, the DVD player works but that has a HDMI and Scart. I have now found out that the HDMI has never been working on it since the tv does not detect either HDMI input.

I get nothing on the screen for HDMI only connected.

I followed these instructions for my model TV and found that at step 2 “Label Video Inputs” option was not showing in my menu.

http://science.opposingviews.com/enable-hdmi-inputs-sony-bravia-kdl-14811.htm

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 12:46:51 #33 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Yes, the DVD player works but that has a HDMI and Scart. I have now found out that the HDMI has never been working on it since the tv does not detect either HDMI input.
    I get nothing on the screen for HDMI only connected.
    I followed these instructions for my model TV and found that at step 2 “Label Video Inputs” option was not showing in my menu.
    http://science.opposingviews.com/enable-hdmi-inputs-sony-bravia-kdl-14811.htm

How do you know the HDMI out on the DVD player isn't working ?

The fact that you can't relabel the HDMI inputs strongly points to the TV being faulty or isn't set up to use it's HDMI inputs.

Sony TV's allow you to skip unused inputs. Are you sure the HDMI ports you are using are enabled ?

On my Sony TV

Home - Setup - AV Preset If it says Skip then change it to a suitable name.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 13:10:55 #34 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I know the DVD isn't working on HDMI because

A) TV doesn't detect inputs.
    B) HDMI is not in the list of possible external inputs
    c) I can't enable them as the option seems to be missing in my menu.
    D) With just the HDMI connected to the DVD I get no picture.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 13:16:56 #35 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

hubb - 1 minute ago  » 
    I know the DVD isn't working on HDMI because
    A) TV doesn't detect inputs.
    B) HDMI is not in the list of possible external inputs
    c) I can't enable them as the option seems to be missing in my menu.
    D) With just the HDMI connected to the DVD I get no picture.

All of which point to the TV being faulty.

You have two items of kit with HDMI out neither of which you can see on the TV via HDMI.

There is a chance one source is faulty, the chances of both of them being faulty is massively larger than the single TV HDMI inputs not working.

HDMI inputs on the TV should be listed whether they have anything connected or not. On Sony kit you can select the input but there is normally an arrow indicating a powered source is connected.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 13:24:21 #36 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

Sounds like that would be it then

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 14:29:46 #37 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Hubb,

I can see that you've factory reset the TV, which isn't a bad thing to do under the circumstance, but I can't see anywhere amongst your posts that you've factory reset the Humax and set the resolution to 720p on initial install.
    I can see that you've tried to set the resolution, but you don't give any indication whether that is immediately after a Humax factory reset and part of the initial install/setup or whether it's after you've chosen 1080i and subsequent menus.

As Graham has pointed out, the TV has a physical resolution of 1366 x 768 and you're never going to fit 1080 into 768, pixel for pixel so you have to decide whether to let the TV downscale 1080 to 768 or upscale from 720 to 768.
    It's impossible to see a real 1080i resolution on your TV as it only has 768 pixel space available. Even if the TV can process 1080i and downscale to 768 it's by no means clear whether 1080i or 720p would give a better picture.
    It appears that every attempt to get 1080i to work has failed. Under the circumstances 720p would seem the obvious choice.

The bit of information I'm still missing from these posts is whether you have factory reset the Humax and immediatley thereafter on initial install/setup chosen only the 720p resolution be it with hdmi or scart, as per Barry's posts para-2. My apologies if you have, but if you haven't then you'll never get it to work

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 16:32:01 #38 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hubb

special member

I have set the factory default of the Humix a while back and I think I recall it not working but as I am not 100% sure I will try again even though resetting is a bit of a pain when you have to go through all your channels again and re- set all your scheduled recordings.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 20:50:08 #39 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

I think the fact that the OP cannot select any HDMI inputs on his TV is conclusive. Never seen a TV with working HDMI inputs you can't select. They do not have to be connected to anything. Already checked they aren't skipped in the AV up/down or direct input selection. They simply are not present.

The OP has a Sony TV, the assign names to the available inputs is missing from the setup menu. Ergo the TV doesn't know they are there. All my inputs appear on my Sony TV setup, some have Skip selected but they always appear.

The OP has tried two HDMI sources (albeit one upscaled from SD), neither was recognised.

At a loss to explain other than the TV is faulty.

| Fri 21 Nov 2014 21:05:49 #40 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.