My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Getting bad/no signal warning

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Over the last few days I've been getting the low or no signal error and it looks like all channels. Diagnostics show 0% strength and quality on both tuners. Its happened about 4 times over the few days, it comes good then its happened again roughly a day later (its happened every evening) I thought my dish might have been blown out of alignment but now I think it might be the LNB.It strated after this week's bad weather, high winds and heavy rain.

I've checked the cables into the back of the humax and felt it but it's not hot. Soft reset (with remote) has no effect and neither does cycling the power with the switch on the rear of the box. I'm using custom firmware 4.1.1. with no problems for ages.

Any thoughts?

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 21:50:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Check the coax cables, especially at the dish end for signs of water getting in the cables. If there is water don't leave the cables connected to your box, it can track down the cable into your box.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 21:57:21 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Thanks, Graham. I'm tied to a wheelchair at the moment so I'll find someone to call out. The strange thing is that it's intermittent, goes a whole day without problems and it's return doesn't coincide with rain.

At least its not likely to be the box.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 22:09:11 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

merlin777 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks, Graham. I'm tied to a wheelchair at the moment so I'll find someone to call out. The strange thing is that it's intermittent, goes a whole day without problems and it's return doesn't coincide with rain.
    At least its not likely to be the box.

Could be the lnb as you said.

| Tue 18 Feb 2014 23:16:23 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.