My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. BigKev

BigKev

Unfortunately a HDD format hasn't made any difference, it went off about 5 minutes after the format had finished and is now in a start up loop. Observations are, when it's in the start up loop there's no HDD sounds from the box, after an indeterminate time the HDD spins up and the box starts up. I suspect the HDD may be on the way out as it does seem to be a bit noisy. There's no pattern to when it switches off either. It's currently a 500GB HDD, if I replace it with a 1TB WD Purple AV HDD is there any additional set up other than formatting? Thanks in advance, Kev.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 20:35:33 #331 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

BigKev - 1 minute ago  » 
    Unfortunately a HDD format hasn't made any difference, it went off about 5 minutes after the format had finished and is now in a start up loop. Observations are, when it's in the start up loop there's no HDD sounds from the box, after an indeterminate time the HDD spins up and the box starts up. I suspect the HDD may be on the way out as it does seem to be a bit noisy. There's no pattern to when it switches off either. It's currently a 500GB HDD, if I replace it with a 1TB WD Purple AV HDD is there any additional set up other than formatting? Thanks in advance, Kev.

No, a new drive (as described) should format quite quickly.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 20:38:44 #332 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Disconnect the Hard disk data and power connections. If the box is stable as a non recording box then the HDD is the issue. No additional setup up to 2TB. The formatting is done automatically when a new HDD is found.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 20:41:03 #333 |
  4. BigKev

BigKev

Great stuff, cheers

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 21:58:53 #334 |
  5. BigKev

BigKev

REPASSAC - 1 hour ago  » 

BigKev - 1 minute ago  » 

No, a new drive (as described) should format quite quickly.

Cheers for that.

| Mon 25 Feb 2019 22:00:13 #335 |
  6. BigKev

BigKev

Tried turning it on with the HDD disconnected and it's still looping the Freesat splash screen and black. I think it's had it's day...

| Tue 26 Feb 2019 16:51:19 #336 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BigKev - 3 hours ago  » 
    Tried turning it on with the HDD disconnected and it's still looping the Freesat splash screen and black. I think it's had it's day...

Shame - at least you know changing the HDD won't help.

Long shot - try flashing a reset to defaults .HDF file. PM me for a link if you fancy trying this.

Apply in the same way from a USB stick as a software update.

| Tue 26 Feb 2019 20:05:45 #337 |
  8. BigKev

BigKev

It is definitely an ex Humax box, I replaced it with a shiny new 1100s

| Wed 27 Feb 2019 20:39:37 #338 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

BigKev - 19 hours ago  » 
    It is definitely an ex Humax box, I replaced it with a shiny new 1100s

Hope you have better luck this time. I would have been inclined to await the release of the G3 Arris Freesat box later this year. This new PVR will be the defacto next gen Freesat box.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 16:37:30 #339 |
  10. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

It would be good to get some news on the G3 unit.

| Thu 28 Feb 2019 17:23:50 #340 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.