My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. diddydavro

diddydavro

Hello. I joined the forum last night because I had problems with an OTA update from Waltham transmitter. It stopped part way through, then zapped the recordings on my HDD which I had to then reformat. I downloaded the update and put it onto a USB stick with intensions of updating today. I switched the Humax on this morning and with seconds it started flashing alternate red and blue, it was doing an OTA update which it completed successfully. I'm not connected to the LAN, and didn't insert the USB stick, so it can only have been an OTA update!

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 15:34:25 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

So what is the reported software version number now?

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 17:42:55 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallawthere

i have a humax-2000t/500gb/gb which i updated the firmware to the latest on the web site. after the update when i watch tv change the tv source to use computer there is no sound when i turn it back. i have tried new cables new ports etc and i still get no sound if i unplug the power and plug it back in the sound works again. if i change to other source and back again no sound again if i use a scart all works ok all the time.the picture is perfect via hdmi just no sound

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 22:09:00 #83 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Have you tried what Marvin did and enable low power standby, going back to separate aerial feed?

| Thu 23 Oct 2014 10:14:56 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

hallawthere

seems to work for a minute but change it a couple of times it does it again

| Thu 23 Oct 2014 12:36:13 #85 |
  6. diddydavro

diddydavro

Martin Liddle - 1 day ago  » 

It's the version number shown at the start of the thread: App Version: IKFAC 1.01.06, Loader Version: UKTFAC 1.04.

| Thu 23 Oct 2014 19:14:46 #86 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

diddydavro - 19 hours ago  » 

It's the version number shown at the start of the thread: App Version: IKFAC 1.01.06, Loader Version: UKTFAC 1.04.

Welcome to our Forum

Puzzled by your reports because this version has definitely not been OTA nor are there any current plans for it to be.

Has box been connected to LAN at all since software was released?

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 14:28:05 #87 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Those of you with sound issues please post your make/model of TV so I can pass on to Humax Towers.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 14:29:36 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoff

I had the sound problem as soon as I disabled 'low power standby' to enable aerial passthough in standby - but not had it since I enabled low power standby again - give that a go.
    Of course you need to go back to dedicated aerial feed again.

I tried turning the 'low power standby' off and on. I've found that, after turning the TV off and on, I always lose sound. But then with 'low power standby' ON, I can recover the sound by putting the humax to standby and back, while with 'low power standby' OFF, the humax will only recover sound if it's unplugged and back on.
    Both effects are reproducible.
    Either way any recording would still be messed up. It seems to show a definite connection between the loop through mod and the sound problem.
    Humax customer support have suggested an exchange - are they thinking the hardware has variations? I am inclined to return to retail, as an exchange might complicate my refund rights.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 14:45:15 #89 |
  10. diddydavro

diddydavro

Barry - 1 hour ago  » 

diddydavro - 19 hours ago  » 

Welcome to our Forum
    Puzzled by your reports because this version has definitely not been OTA nor are there any current plans for it to be.
    Has box been connected to LAN at all since software was released?

Apologies to anyone I've confused. I've just checked and it IS connected to the LAN. I'd forgotten that I connected it to the LAN when I first had it about 9 months ago to try out the TV Portal, I thought I'd disconnected it.

| Fri 24 Oct 2014 15:53:22 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.