My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T WiFi link to laptop - Failure

(22 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalek

Hello Martin.
    What I would really like to do (apart from give up!) is to be able to show pictures in one specific folder on the PC. When using Windows Media player (WMP)as the DLNA (whatever that means)the Humax tries to show ALL the pictures on my PC after a long time thinking. I can't seem to get WMP or Playmemories to set up the single folder.
    regards
    Dale

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 18:28:15 #11 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dalek - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Hello Martin.
    What I would really like to do (apart from give up!) is to be able to show pictures in one specific folder on the PC. When using Windows Media player (WMP)as the DLNA (whatever that means)the Humax tries to show ALL the pictures on my PC after a long time thinking. I can't seem to get WMP or Playmemories to set up the single folder.
    regards
    Dale

What format are the photos in and what's the pixel dimensions ?

If you copy some to a usb stick/hard drive will the box display them ?

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 18:41:09 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Use Serviio. You can select folders (I just use the one) from which you want to share media, and for each one select the type of media you want to share (in my case, all). It's also good at reformatting video on the fly.

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 18:47:33 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalek

grahamlthompson - 12 minutes ago  » 

Hello Martin.
    regards
    Dale

The formats are all *.jpg and typically 3264x2448 pixels. If the files are copied to a stick or external hard drive they display without problem.

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 18:56:40 #14 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dalek - 19 minutes ago  » 

Hello Martin.
    regards
    Dale

The formats are all *.jpg and typically 3264x2448 pixels. If the files are copied to a stick or external hard drive they display without problem.

Should work. In playmemories Tools - Settings - Add Folder

Navigate to the folder if not ticked toggle a tick. The contents should now appear.

I use playmemories because it's the only way to import long HD takes split into multifiles by my Sony camcorder (FAT32 FS restrictions) without losing audio at the split points.

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 19:17:41 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalek

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 

Hello Martin.
    regards
    Dale

Navigate to the folder if not ticked toggle a tick. The contents should now appear.
    I use playmemories because it's the only way to import long HD takes split into multifiles by my Sony camcorder (FAT32 FS restrictions) without losing audio at the split points.

Many thanks Graham
    that worked, as soon as my wife stops watching Pointless, I'll try it out!!
    regards

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 19:23:28 #16 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dalek - 35 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 4 minutes ago  » 

Hello Martin.
    regards
    Dale

Many thanks Graham
    that worked, as soon as my wife stops watching Pointless, I'll try it out!!
    regards

Deselect any folders you don't want to see remotely.

Consider using video editor/slide show software to create HD movie slide shows in 16:9 format. You can add all sorts of fancy transitions and sync to backing music. Impress/bore your friends and family no end.

Example

http://www.photodex.com/proshow/gold

Try the free trial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4jgfCtGilA

By the way

DLNA

http://www.dlna.org/consumer-home

| Mon 17 Nov 2014 20:02:24 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalek

Graham and everyone who have responded,
    many thanks for your advice.
    I've managed to get photos accessed by the box from my laptop and also videos (once I've used a format that it understands). If I give it a list of photos it takes a long time to process through them then gives up!, but I expect it's because they are about 3.5Mb each in size, so I shall have to cut them down a bit.
    Still, I shall now have plenty to keep me occupied in the coming winter days!
    Regards to all
    Dale

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 11:45:38 #18 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Add your photos to a video editor (Windows Movie Maker Will Do). Output at 1920 x 1080 16:9 to a MP4 file. Play back the video, it's a lot less hassle than individually playing with each jpeg.

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 14:10:53 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

dalek

grahamlthompson - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Add your photos to a video editor (Windows Movie Maker Will Do). Output at 1920 x 1080 16:9 to a MP4 file. Play back the video, it's a lot less hassle than individually playing with each jpeg.

Thanks Graham.
    I tried what you suggested, but the box responded with can't play the MP4 format file.
    regards Dale

| Wed 19 Nov 2014 15:04:01 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.