My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR2000T - power and volume problems

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

Hi,
    I've owned a 9200 for many years which has been great but the clock gave up the ghost so I bought the HDR2000T 500GB last week as a replacement. Occasionally the unit will not come out of standby by using the remote control or the front panel icon. I have to disconnect the power from the rear for about five seconds and reconnect, the blue led then shows and the unit works fine. Any ideas why that should be so and is there a fix?
    Additionally the volume whether in HD or not decreases significantly during an evening much worse than the 9200 that suffered to a lesser extent. Is this a Humax or a Freeview problem and if the latter is there a fix?

Would be grateful for your response

Regards
    Run-ragd

| Tue 4 Nov 2014 22:27:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

What firmware are you using?

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 10:45:17 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

Hi, apologies for taking time to get back, been at work all day. The software version is 1.00.07 dated 12Sep 2013. It played up again this evening at switch on and the power plug had to be removed. This action obviously resets the device but surely that shouldn't be necessary?

Regards

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 20:36:35 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

To start with update software to latest version...see:

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/hdr-2000t-new-software-10106

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 20:40:45 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

Thanks, I notice it doesn't mention anything about the volume issue but hopefully it will solve the power problem although I probably won't know for certain for a couple of days.

Regards

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 21:19:54 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

Software now confirmed updated although the process was very different to that described in the accompanying text and had me concerned that it hadn't updated. Thought I'd bricked it!!

Regards

| Wed 5 Nov 2014 22:00:28 #6 |
  7. Marvin

Marvin

I've always thought the volume "variation" was down to the individual broadcasters - I've noticed recently that the "5" channels (5, 5* etc) is getting horredously bad with some sort of late night dynamic range compression absolutely ruining the audio of some of their premium content like Gotham...

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:05:14 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

Apart from the volume issue which I guess is down to the broadcaster the unit now seems to be behaving and is working fine.
    Thanks to everyone for their assistance.

Kindest regards
    Run-ragd
    http://myhumax.org/forum/my-plugins/bb-smilies/default/icon_smile.gif

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 14:24:13 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mack

Hi, i have found on my machine that the stereo/multi channel button seems to have stopped working properly,i cant use my home cinema volume through it on the Multi Channel setting,it just gives me the tv/box sound,it used to work but now both stay alight,instead of the one being used,have done factory reset etc,but both stay alight,and it only works on hd channels,,very strange,

| Sun 9 Nov 2014 18:47:52 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

smo1

The problem with the inability to turn on has started again. I updated the software to 1.01.06 as suggested by Barry on Wednesday and everything was fine until last night when the unit refused to come out of standby. I thought it might be something to do with the WLAN dongle, so I removed that, but still the same result. The only cure was to remove the power connector from the rear, wait for a numbe of seconds and re-insert. Could this be a hardware issue I wonder?

Regards
    smo1

| Sun 9 Nov 2014 23:18:57 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.