My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax 9300T Software updates ~ NOT OTA

(3 posts)
  1. Tembo11

Tembo11

A little help please with
    1) downloading the zipped installation software to a computer without WINZIP ( can it be downloaded and then extracted onto a DVD for use in the non WINZIP PC)

2) Do software upgrades need doing in sequence or can just the latest version be installed

3) What effect does loader version have on installation of new software (Ref item 2 & 3) Have loader a4.37 and version ".15" of the software

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 16:13:02 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

1) Windows XP will unzip .zip files without any special programs, not sure about Vista or 7. If you want a special program then download the free program 7-zip, I use it all the time now. Extracted program files (before installation) can be transferred to another computer.

2) You can install any software version from any other version, backwards for forwards in version number.

3) If I remember correctly an early loader version had problems downloading OTA software transmissions. Not sure of any other advantages or disadvantages with loader versions but I would suggest you update the loader to the latest version. The new loader may be bundled with the new software but I'm not sure about that.

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 17:34:13 #2 |
  3. Tembo11

Tembo11

thanks
    Will do the checks before doing anything

| Sun 1 Jan 2012 22:18:06 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.