My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

humax hb-1000s fresh setup with a few issues

(10 posts)
  1. jamonbread

jamonbread

I've just installed the HB-1000s in an upstairs bedroom and the box seems to have a few issues. I've updated the box after tuning it.It's found all available channels but the channels have missing icons on both banner, home and full epg guide. Some on demand apps including iplayer have missing icons as well and every time I open the full channel guide the current channel instead of playing in the smaller box view is stuck retrieving data endlessly. Also when I hit list in full channel guide and go to HD there are a few empty epg blocks towards the end of the HD guide with no data avaliable. Signal strength is good and the freesat sky box downstairs is fine on the same dish.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 12:23:40 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

1. You need to press guide and let it finish retrieving data, this is a one off (unless you factory reset unit)

2. EPG and On Demand icons - it can take sometime to populate the icons, one of my HDR units took over 2 hours recently (after a reset)

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 12:47:18 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The missing icons will appear in due course, they are refreshed periodically.

The freesat transponder is at 11428 H and comes from a slightly differing position (28.5E) from most of the others at 28.2E.
    Check out the signals from you receive from this list.

Beaten by Barry

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 12:59:49 #3 |
  4. jamonbread

jamonbread

Hi thanks for the fast responses Barry and REPASSAC.

I think I'll leave the box in stand by and let it populate till later and see how its getting on then.

The blank no description blocks in the HD epg menu could they be new channel spaces maybe? All the other channels without icons still have their listing information and are selectable. When I click on the blank channels spaces nothing happens

Thanks for your time.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 13:18:01 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you give an example of a channel with blank spaces. Some channels do not transmit 24 hours a day - could that account for it?

Did you test the signal levels from any of the channels on 28.5E?
    Poor reception from the freesat transponder could account for the blank spaces, even so they should eventually populate as EPG data is trickled on all freesat channels. I believe the todays data is transmitted more frequently than data for say 6 days time.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 14:52:57 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Re the blank lines/spaces when using Guide, List, HD - I have 3 blank lines, so imagine this is normal - future use?

Similar if you use Guide, List, News & Sport, 5 blank lines.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 15:46:29 #6 |
  7. jamonbread

jamonbread

REPASSAC, my signal is good at high quality.

The box is working great now populated.

Barry, maybe there reserved spaces for new channels?

EDITED (I got the freesat app working as a remote by connecting it to my networks wifi)

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 16:07:07 #7 |
  8. jamonbread

jamonbread

Thanks for all the help very much appreciated.

The HB-1000s is Not a bad little box there's probably not much better out there in the budget range as no one else seems to make freesat freetime boxes outside of freetime being inbuilt into some TV's.

Is Humax the only company manufacturing freetime boxes at the moment?

| Sat 14 Feb 2015 0:20:43 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Yes, only Humax have one on the Market presently.
    There is not much incentive for competition where the freesat user interface must be replicated and the hardware functions are pre-specified by them.

| Sat 14 Feb 2015 8:19:23 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Manhattan and Vestel were supposed to be producing freesat freetime products I believe

However, as this site is for Humax products, I have not looked for further info, or have any interest in their offerings

| Sat 14 Feb 2015 9:19:21 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.