My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Improvements thanks to 1.02.20

(17 posts)
  1. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I would just like to clarify something re the 4GB issue.

Whilst it is true I have mentioned this to Humax in passing we were discussing something else of greater importance.

They have not acknowledged that the problem exists they are just aware - big difference.

Will there be a fix? I do not know at this time.

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 11:37:37 #11 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Thanks for that Barry, I understand what you are saying....

ezra pound - 10 hours ago  » 

One thing I have noticed when streaming from the HDR with power saving is enabled is that it powers off after 3 hours.

This sounds like Auto power down, It can be turned off with MENU >> Settings >> System >> Power Management >> Automatic Power Down = Off, User Manual Page 57

Thanks for this also. I am aware this facility is here, but as I understand it and use it turned on, especially as it applies to streaming content off this box.

You see you need the HDR to be ON to playback files from it, often using a machine that is not in the same room as the HDR, so a power saving feature to turn it off when not in use is needed as you won't want to get out of bed just to turn it off when you've finished watching. You need this facility to power itself off if left unused. If I turn it off, the HDR would be left constantly running.

But this facility need to know when it was last used to know whether it has been left idle to turn it off. Otherwise it is just a plain timer to power it off after 3 hours whether you are using it or not. As is, it is not a power saving facility but a 'you shouldn't be using the HDR for more than 3 hours at a time' setting!

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 12:12:33 #12 |
  3. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Having just written the above, and subconsciously working things out. I've found a solution to my power saving issue... I like it when these things are discussed and a solution comes to hand - the real spirit of myhumax.org forums!

I was looking through the Menu options as ezra suggested, and thought about the power on/off option. I had, for some reason, thought you can't get the machine off unless you use the ON option too. Well, looks like they are independent off each other, so the following would work...

So for my streaming issue, I've turned OFF Automatic Power Down. And set the Power off option to 01:00. So now it doesn't matter when I power ON the HDR so that I can stream recordings to the bedroom, it will not power OFF until 1am. So if I decide to retire to bed at 8 or 9pm, I can watch a 3+ hours movie without fear that I would get cut off just before the end!

Now, how to solve the 4GB issue..?

| Sun 18 Dec 2011 14:12:50 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

voxmagna

I've upgraded to V20.

Can anybody say what happens or what you see when you hit this 4Gb issue?

My box had about a dozen SD programs recorded and about 1/2 were films on a 1TB HDD.

I brought the box out of standby and it told me my HDD had zero capacity with zero bytes stored, like it wasn't there and I had to 'reformat' Stupidly I did, the message still kept coming back although the reformat was short only taking about 20 seconds and any attempt to play a chase recording came back with the big 'X' 'nothing there'.

Only after I did a mains re-boot did my HDD come back with its full capacity less the allocation for chase recording and by then it was wiped clean. Not very good if you've been on holiday and come back to this.

| Thu 22 Dec 2011 21:56:32 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

son_t - 2 weeks ago  » 
    I have now looked into the 4GB issue. Yes the HD does bomb out at 4GB when playing a recording bigger than this in file size.
    I also tested the HDR as a client, playing back a file from my UPnP NAS device using the HDR, and yes the bug is also in the HDR's firmware.
    Apparently, Humax are aware, so I hope this will get fixed in the new firmware release for the HD and HDR.

I have the same issue with the HDR FOX T2 (1.02.20). I started a new thread unfortunately, but I'd like to add some weight to this issue as it needs fixing.

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 13:08:26 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JeremyWW - 1 minute ago  » 
    I'd like to add some weight to this issue as it needs fixing.

Posting to a Forum doesn't add weight; contact Humax about it.

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 13:11:13 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JeremyWW

Martin Liddle - 56 minutes ago  » 

JeremyWW - 1 minute ago  » 
    I'd like to add some weight to this issue as it needs fixing.

Posting to a Forum doesn't add weight; contact Humax about it.

I have...

| Wed 4 Jan 2012 14:07:43 #17 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.