My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Network access

(9 posts)
  1. BryS

BryS

I am having an odd problem with network access.
    If I go to media - storage after I turn on the unit (from standby) when there is no recording happening, I do not get the icon to select network access.
    If I then go the the system setting for Ethernet (I am cable connected via a powered hub and power-line to my router), I can see that the network is connected.
    If I then exit the menu and access storage again, the network icon is present.
    Is this a known problem?
    Many thanks
    Bryan

| Sat 25 Jan 2014 19:52:04 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Do the power-line adapters have power saving features?

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 14:28:39 #2 |
  3. BryS

BryS

No, nothing special. The power-line feeds into a 4 port hub and the Hummy and TV connect into the hub. The TV finds the network consistently.
    The Hummy must also be able to see the network as I can FTP into it. It appears to be only the storage menu that doesn't get enabled for some reason.

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 14:48:25 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum BryS

I have raised this with Humax Towers as I have witnessed the same problem when connected by cable, not experienced same via wifi.

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 16:16:27 #4 |
  5. BryS

BryS

Thank you Barry.

| Sun 26 Jan 2014 16:37:41 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

f0rmula

Hi. I'm seeing exactly the same problem. How responsive are Humax Towers when it comes to this sort of thing?

I bought mine just before Christmas and I guess it's been on a shelf in a stockroom for a while before that. I plugged it in and it claimed no software updates available, so I guess nothing released in the last few months.

| Mon 3 Feb 2014 14:28:52 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

grovep

I have same issue. Tech support tried to persuade me it was my ethernet cable but not convinced

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 20:39:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

bigfoot

yep same problem here too. I resolve it by going into the TV portal and coming back out. Network then shows up. Defo a firmware fix needed.

Must get round to doing a video at the weekend to post my thoughts on improvements.

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 21:50:08 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

New software releases are not available at all times. They are not transmitted continously.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/work/download_schedule.php

If the update is not currently being broadcast, then then the only way to update is download the latest version and update via usb.

| Wed 12 Mar 2014 22:15:10 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.