My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

New firmware for 2013?

(83 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

@Chris, Audio description has remained unchanged since 1.2.27 when the logic for what to do when there was sound on both tracks got twisted around and also the HD AD volume was increased. I haven't used HD on 1.03.11 yet but the logic is still twisted on 1.03.11's SD.

| Mon 27 Jan 2014 10:29:12 #71 |
  2. Trevor Wright

Trevor Wright

Barry - whilst we appreciate that Humax will only release the next issue of Fox firmware when they are satisfied it meets all their quality standards (we would want nothing less), I think they could issue you with a list of the enhancements over the last 1.02.32 Jan 2013 issue. Clearly they would add a caveat that this is their best intention but items may be added or withdrawn based on their continuing testing.

This would keep us quiet, or quieter at least, and we'd have something to look forward to. I suspect they intend this as the last firmware upgrade for this model, or am I wrong there?

Maybe you could have a word with Humax Towers if you think there is any merit in this suggestion.

| Mon 27 Jan 2014 15:17:55 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

Large hard discs supported is my guess at the new feature no-one has noticed. The current limits of 1TB and only MBR discs are going to be very tiresome soon, and Humax have to find discs to put into product as well as issues around external drives.

| Tue 28 Jan 2014 14:10:56 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

No reply from Barry. This may mean I'm onto something with the large discs but he can't confirm or deny

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 1:42:19 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Owen Smith - 6 days ago  » 
    Large hard discs supported is my guess at the new feature no-one has noticed. The current limits of 1TB and only MBR discs are going to be very tiresome soon, and Humax have to find discs to put into product as well as issues around external drives.

2TB would be trivial bigger than that is feasible but would need a rebuild of the Linux kernel used by the Humax.

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 2:10:47 #75 |
  6. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

It also wouldn't technically be a fix, as it wasn't broken.
    It was not advertised as being able to support >1TB discs or sold with >1TB discs. So that would be an additional feature.

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 10:35:47 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chrisdaniels - 2 hours ago  » 
    It also wouldn't technically be a fix, as it wasn't broken.

It would be a fix as there is no support on the Humax (at least up to 1.02.32) for formatting drives bigger than 1TB (yes I know it can be done on a PC or using the custom firmware).

| Tue 4 Feb 2014 12:59:10 #77 |
  8. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

I think the point Chris is making is that you only fix 'problems' and only being able to format up to 1TB would not be seen as a problem to Humax unless they sold a unit with a HDD bigger than 1TB, or advertised support for External drives bigger than this, which they don't

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 18:28:16 #78 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

ezra pound - 9 minutes ago  » 
    I think the point Chris is making is that you only fix 'problems'

I am sorry but I make my living writing software and in my world (which may well be a different one to everybody else), I fix things that don't work as well as they could. 2TB would fit perfectly into this category. Anyway it is semantics and I don't think it will be what Barry has hinted at. Do the IPTV channels works at 1.03.06?

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 18:40:46 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

See post 63, Barry has already said the mystery fix is not IPTV.

| Thu 6 Feb 2014 19:44:32 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.