My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Not finding both antenna cables

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gugs

Hi I've had my Humax since 2011 & never had any problems until now. It started with no signal coming up on the screen when changing channels & we had to switch the box off & on again. Then when recording programmes you couldn't watch any other channels. Now after doing a factory reset and retune it is only showing certain channels when recording a programme and it is only picking up one cable antenna when we know both are connected and working. Has any one got any suggestions please?

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 13:36:12 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

What happens if you swap the two cables ? Do you lose all channels ?. Try connecting each cable to tuner 1 in. Do you get viewable channels using either cable ?

If you do it's possible tuner 2 has failed.

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 13:40:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gugs

Thanks for the help graham. I have tried each cable in LNB 1 IN and only one canle keeps the signal, does this mean that the other cable (antenna) is not working?

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:06:13 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Gugs - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for the help graham. I have tried each cable in LNB 1 IN and only one canle keeps the signal, does this mean that the other cable (antenna) is not working?

It might just be the f connector that is the problem. If it's a screw on type it would be worth refitting it. Google how to fit a f connector. Other than that the next thing to check is the connections at the lnb end. If water has got in to the cable and/or the terminals are corroded you may need a new lnb and coax cabling. The good news is your Foxsat is most likely OK.

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 15:16:11 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gugs

Thanks for that Graham. I'll have a look at everything else!!

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 16:47:22 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gugs

Hi Graham. I've just sat down to watch some tv & discovered with just one antenna in LNB 1 I was missing some channels, so connected the second antenna to LNB2 & did a retune. Have now got all channels but still can't record & watch a different channel at the same time (or at least can only watch certain channels as the others seem not to exist any longer!) please can you suggest anything else? Thanks

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 17:41:34 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

You should be able to get all channels with a single cable. You can even record two at the same time if they happen to be on the same transponder. There is something wrong. Your box is now likely to be in single cable mode and it expects tuner 2 to get a feed from tuner 1 out. If a single cable cannot get all the channels I would say your lnb is broken or possibly the Focsat-hdr mode switching output is broken. The grounds of probability point to the lnb.

| Mon 15 Sep 2014 19:17:09 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.