My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Permanent *Deleting...

(92 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

daveq

NB: I used the wifi connection (a £20 USB addition some time ago) quite happily - just needed to read the ip address from the Internet settings screen

| Mon 22 Jul 2013 11:00:46 #81 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

colirv

Just to add my thanks to this thread's contributors. My HDR Fox T2 suddenly decided to restart in the middle of recording yesterday evening, causing the permanent deleting and greying out of menu items. I too followed af123's summarised instructions. Simpler than I thought and the machine is now working properly again.

| Wed 4 Sep 2013 23:04:28 #82 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Gogster

Had to register to thank the people in this thread for the advice to solve this issue.

I too am a little disappointed in Humax's lack of support, the default response from the support telephone line is to insinuate the hard disk is on the way out.

Rather than waste a lot of money buying a new box, an £8 cross-over cable from Maplins and it is solved.

Thanks again.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 9:52:33 #83 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum Gogster

Your post edited to include the missing text, and your follow up post removed.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 12:22:26 #84 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Petehorse

I realise that most of these posts are quite old, but thanks to all who contributed as I have fixed the deleting problem with the custom firmware and disk check in maintenance mode.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 22:40:05 #85 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Petehorse - 23 minutes ago  » 
    I realise that most of these posts are quite old, but thanks to all who contributed as I have fixed the deleting problem with the custom firmware and disk check in maintenance mode.

Welcome to our Forum

Glad you have found the answer to your problem.

| Sat 18 Oct 2014 23:03:43 #86 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tanee58

Hallo, I have the same problem with my Fox T-2, which is 18 months old and worked perfectly until about a month ago - it shows it's deleting, takes ages, then when I turn the machine on again later, the program I thought I'd deleted is still there. Also, it won't record, though it says it's recording, and sometimes when I turn it on, it shows a window asking me to reformat the HDD to record. Don't want to do this as we have recordings we haven't watched yet, or don't want to lose. The disc shows as 282g remaining, so is only3/4 full. I have tried downloading the software as you suggested in the early posts, but when I put the USB into the Humax and turn the machine on, it doesn't come up with the uploading window. It just goes straight to the TV channel. Can you suggest a solution? Am I doing something wrong when trying to upload from the USB? This might mean I have to miss Christmas Downton - disaster!

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 15:34:21 #87 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tanee58

I should also say that I'm not very computer literate, so any step by step instructions for idiots would be very welcome!

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 15:35:29 #88 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

it does sound quite poorly,

deleting can take a while, a few minutes; however longer than 5 minutes and I'd be worried.

I think you have two choices; however let's tackle the update first...

the software update file needs to be unzipped leaving a .hdf type file which should be copied to a usb stick. Switch off the Humax at the back left hand side (run your hand along the left hand side to the back and you should feel the switch easily, if not power off at the plug instead), put the usb stick in the front bottom right usb port, power back on and it should start to update. If it doesn't, find a usb stick that you can wipe clean, do a full (not quick) 'fat32' format on it in windows, copy the .hdf type file across and try again. I don't think I've ever had problems with the smaller usb sticks, i.e. 2GB, 4GB, 8GB once formatted properly.

I think the two choices are whether you go down the custom firmware route as carried out successfully by other posters here and documented or if you're not confident whether you copy off all you want to keep, update the software, take a note of the schedule, easily done with a phone camera, and factory reset it including a format which will wipe the disk. Obviously a 1TB external drive would be large enough to copy off to, switch off power savings on the Humax and copying will take ages (hours) and remember to quickly test a couple of copied programmes first before disconnecting the external drive, you'd probably get away with a 500GB drive and it would make sense to format/wipe-clean the external drive via the Humax once plugged in, but make absolutely sure that this external drive is highlighted and selected and not the internal 1TB, (I assume) drive.

Personally I'd go down the custom firmware route; however it can be a bit daunting, as most things are, first time around. Unless you're completely chilled out, either choice is not the sort of thing I'd advise a couple of days before xmas, but if it doesn't get sorted it will only get worse with time. Good luck.

| Mon 22 Dec 2014 16:52:37 #89 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Tanee58

Thank you very much, Damian. I didn't know you could copy recordings off the Humax onto a hard drive. That would be excellent, especially as my husband has a lot (and I mean a LOT) of cricket that he wouldn't like to lose! I agree about leaving it till after Christmas and will try the software option first. I'll let you know if either option works.

Many thanks again.

| Tue 23 Dec 2014 17:36:00 #90 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.