My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

SD Olympic channel recording

(16 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 day ago  » 
    It works, A SD epg entry for an Olympic channel

Done some playing, to survive a reboot intact after setting a SD Olympic Channel from the epg you have to manually edit one of the times to convert to a manual recording. If you don't the channel number changes in a reboot. (Thanks to Derek500 on DS for pointing this out)

| Fri 27 Jul 2012 9:45:10 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgriffiths

Would somebody be able to post step-by-step instructions for adding the SD channels to the EPG like this? Thanks!

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 13:32:52 #12 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using manual tune scan the SD transponders from this list and save the results.

http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=BBC+Olympic&Submit=Zap

Make a note of the channel numbers and then switch back to Freesat mode.

If you haven't already you need to install the custom firmware and the channel editor.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1599048-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-2-a.html

Using the channel editor make the channels you made a note of visible and freesat. Upload the changes and reboot the Foxsat-hdr. Set a recording in the usual way but edit at least one of the times.

Note if you using a firmware other than V1.0.20 then installing the current 4.0.7 custom firmware will reflash your box to V1.0.20.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 16:31:51 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

mgriffiths

Thanks very much.

| Sat 28 Jul 2012 19:11:40 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jollyon

In my Foxsat HDR I can make the SD channels visible in Freesat using the Channel Editor from the software package and then I can record from them but only one channel at a time. It seems impossible to record more than one although I have ASTRA 28.2 E satellite leads connected to both tuners. I have tried every combination of same/different but I get the same response. I can record two normal freesat channels but as soon as I try to record one of the olympic channels I can't record anything else, although I can sometimes trick the machine into recording one normal channel and then one olympic sd channel using the manual scheduler. What I absolutely haven't been able to do is to figure out how to record two olympic sd channels at the same time.

Can anyone suggest a fix, assuming Humax don't manage to get us an update before start of play tomorrow?

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 0:40:48 #15 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi won't be home till late this evening so I can't check if my box is the same till then. Can you view a SD Olympic channel while recording a normal Freesat channel ?

| Sun 29 Jul 2012 9:12:26 #16 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.