My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Standby!!!!!!

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

maverick

Hi,New to this forum and just got a Humax Foxsat HDR

When I switch the box on via the remote the "Window" shows Boot and it takes a few minutes for the picture to come on to the television screen,It does this every time I turn it on Is this normal??

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 23:12:33 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

A few minutes is not normal, more like 20 seconds iirc

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 23:17:46 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

maverick

Thanks for reply,
    Maybe "A few minutes" was a bit exagerated but it does seem a long time.Will have to time it and get a more precise time.
    regards

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 23:35:54 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

maverick - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for reply,
    Maybe "A few minutes" was a bit exagerated but it does seem a long time.Will have to time it and get a more precise time.
    regards

If you are used to a Sky box booting up, it's not booting from sby rather from a booted condition with just no video or audio output.

A Sky box uses about 20-25W in sby, your Foxsat approx 0.75W. It's actually saving you around £25.00 - £30.00 every year compared to a Sky box. Try turning off the mains to a Sky box and timing how long it takes to boot. If you use the box about the same every day you can set a on timer to boot it say 15 mins before you need it.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 23:45:28 #4 |
  5. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Or catch up with a couple of minutes of rolling news on the TV or radio while waiting for the PVR to be ready. Or fire up the PVR then go make a nice cup of tea.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 23:52:04 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.