My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Volume on .ts files

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

I've used foxy and the usb on an HDR 2000T to de-encrypt some recordings and store them on a pc. But when I play them back over the lan to the tv it looks like my Panasonic LX32E3B plays the .ts file but at a reduced volume. The files
    are ok as I can play from the lan into the humax and then into the tv and the volume is not affected. Does this mean I will have to convert them to something like mp4 - the tv may then not attenuate the volume - will the conversion affect the quality? Or is there another fix?

regards

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 2:34:24 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

HD Channels use aac audio. It's likely the issue lies with the way your TV handles this audio codec. Simplest way is to replace the aac audio with ac3 (aka Dolby Digital). This won't affect the quality at all.

The Humaz converts aac to ac3 on playback (or lpcm stereo if you turn off surround sound), which is why you don't see the issue when the box handles playback.

I do this using two software packages. There will be other ways.

FLV MP3 Converter. Creates a .ac3 audio file.

TSMuxerGUI - Open the .ts file deselect the aac audio, add the ac3 audio and remux to .ts.

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 11:15:10 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

Have run tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 - this gave an error about unsupported format
    but then went onto list the ts file anyway in the lists of tracks. But I looking round the GUI I can't where aac audio or ac3 audio is selected.

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 21:48:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul77 - 20 minutes ago  » 
    Have run tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 - this gave an error about unsupported format
    but then went onto list the ts file anyway in the lists of tracks. But I looking round the GUI I can't where aac audio or ac3 audio is selected.

The error is probably related to the Subtitle data. TSmuxer will only list the content it recognises. If only one audio track it will be the aac audio track. You have missed the critical bit, you need to create a ac3 copy of the audio track to replace the original one before you can go any further.

I will try and put some screen shots up tomorrow.

| Sun 18 Jan 2015 22:14:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

Hi I've been trying to convert the aac to an aa3 file but all the converters I've found are for video or if they are audio but they have to be purchased to do a complete conversion. The FLV to mp3 converter you referred is this freeware - can you provide a link?

thanks

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 17:19:34 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Paul77 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi I've been trying to convert the aac to an aa3 file but all the converters I've found are for video or if they are audio but they have to be purchased to do a complete conversion. The FLV to mp3 converter you referred is this freeware - can you provide a link?
    thanks

Not freeware but not expensive.

http://www.flv-mp3.net/

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 19:47:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

Have used Free Audio Converter v5.0.55 and created an ac3 file - which plays ok in the VLC player.

Ran tsMuxeR GUI 2.6.12 and added the ts file which was listed but with no sound tracks. Then added the new ac3 file which was listed. Both were selected and TS muxing output selected - on clicking 'start muxing' after it did 8.5% of the file it output an error with code 1073741819. There was also previously a warning of that the file has a M2TS format.

Any ideas why its only getting through 8% of the conversion?

I've uploaded some screenshots of the error.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 20:27:29 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

Here are the screenshots in a word file.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 20:33:31 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

here are the screenshots

Attachments

1. error.jpg (103.9 KB, 10 downloads) 9 years old
    | Sat 24 Jan 2015 20:43:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Paul77

tsmuxer screenshot

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 20:45:42 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic