My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

What TVs will play a flash drive from Humax

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeHarrisonDA3

I wish to purchase a TV which will only be used to play DVDs and programmes recorded from Freesat on a Humax box via USB. The files will be FAT32 formatted woth a .ts extension. Which TV manufacturer's support that?

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 10:53:20 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you buy a media streamer (I have a Xenta mini 1080p) you can use any TV with hdmi in. FAT32 has a max file size of 4GB which precludes most HD content and longer SD movies, better to use NTFS. I use a tiny 750GB usb hard disc with the Xenta with content recorded on a Foxsat-hdr and HDR FOX T2. I can also use the Hard Drive to watch the same files on my Nexus 7 tablet (Great on a long plane journey).

Welcome to the forum.

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 11:37:09 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeHarrisonDA3

Hi, thanks for the answer - unfortunately the HD files on my Humax Freesat box (old one) are encoded so I will be watching SD. My box will only recognise FAT32. I was hoping there will be TVs that will accept these directly via a USB port.

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 11:41:26 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MikeHarrisonDA3 - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi, thanks for the answer - unfortunately the HD files on my Humax Freesat box (old one) are encoded so I will be watching SD. My box will only recognise FAT32. I was hoping there will be TVs that will accept these directly via a USB port.

I think my sons Panny does, neither of My Sonys will. I will stick a short recording on a stick and get him to try one. What box are you using to record from ?

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 11:52:16 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

MikeHarrisonDA3

HUMAX FOXSAT HDR was the latest thing in 2009. Will only accept FAT32 format

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 12:03:07 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

MikeHarrisonDA3 - 6 minutes ago  » 

It will also accept EXT2/3 format. If you install the Custom Firmware you can copy the recordings directly to a PC onto any filesystem the PC can use. (EX2FSD is a windows driver for Linux EXT2/3 volumes). My Foxsat-hdr was new in November 2008. one of the first released.

http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 12:12:42 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

grahamlthompson - 52 seconds ago  » 

MikeHarrisonDA3 - 6 minutes ago  » 

It will also accept EXT2/3 format. If you install the Custom Firmware you can copy the recordings directly to a PC onto any filesystem the PC can use. (EX2FSD is a windows driver for Linux EXT2/3 volumes). My Foxsat-hdr was new in November 2008. one of the first released.
    http://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Custom_Firmware_Overview

It also adds a DLNA media server, if your new TV is a smart model you may be able to play the recordings directly from the box over a home network.

| Fri 27 Dec 2013 12:15:03 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.