My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

Will not tune Freesat

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

After having my dish moved to avoid some tall trees, Freesat was working. But when we tried a Freesat re-tune on the Foxsat HDR (to see if any new channels were recognized) it fails. The other 2 freesat boxes I have retune OK. It does not recognize the post code(any post code) and if I skip that it does not find a signal. A manual tune does find all the channels. Any ideas?

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 9:59:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum

What signal strength does 11427 H indicate when using manual tune ? (It may say 11428 H).

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 13:29:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

No signal. I tuned a bush freesat box on each cable and that worked OK.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 21:52:28 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Did you reset the Bush freesat box to set up from scratch ?

Without access to the freesat home transponder (11427 H) then no freesat box can get past the post code verification. If you connect a box that already has done this it can download the epg from the channels you are viewing. It won't get updated for channel changes though.

You need to sort out the dish alignment to get access to the freesat home transponder.

You could connect your Foxsat-hdr to a friends dish to set it up, it would only be a temporary fix.

You say a manual tune finds all the channels, have you got France 24 in your non-freesat list or any other channels identified as Freesat from here.

http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&sat=57&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 22:03:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

I did a new install on the bush (twice). I suppose it may not actually reset the freesat fully.

| Thu 3 Jul 2014 22:12:53 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

Does the box use a specific tuner to get the information? When I looked at the manual tuned information is was reporting he same numbers on each tuner. Doing a test with only one tuner attached shows no signal on one tuner. lnb 1 in is working. It is not a cable or lnb issue as I have tested with both cables.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 13:27:04 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeabanks - 1 hour ago  » 
    Does the box use a specific tuner to get the information? When I looked at the manual tuned information is was reporting he same numbers on each tuner. Doing a test with only one tuner attached shows no signal on one tuner. lnb 1 in is working. It is not a cable or lnb issue as I have tested with both cables.

Unless you are recording then both tuners will be using the same transponder so they should the same.

What signal strength/quality do you get for the transponders you cannot receive channels from ?

Is France24 in your list of manually tuned non-freesat channels ?

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 14:38:01 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

There is no France24.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 14:49:43 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

mikeabanks - 4 minutes ago  » 
    There is no France24.

That strongly indicates your dish isn't aligned to get Eutelsat28A at 28.5E. That channel is on Eutelsat28A as is the Freesat home transponder.

Did you check the other freesat channels from 28.5E at the link I posted in post 4.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 14:57:25 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mikeabanks

Sorry I didn't - I am not at home and am having to ask my wife on the phone
    I will check when I get home, thanks.

| Fri 4 Jul 2014 15:05:14 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.