My Humax Forum » Miscellaneous » Other Humax Products

1003S Software Update?

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

matteovinci

Wondering if anyone here in Aus is using the VAST 1003S and has a software version later than 2014?

It appears there is no SW Update feature available in the TV Portal or within settings anywhere.

Humax has just responded with what seems to be a copy/paste type response when i enquired about this.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 12:44:52 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Sadly we are in the cold and wet UK

It's not a model that we have in the UK nor the VAST satellite system it appears to use from a Google search. Chances of a member having the box here is virtually zero.

The case looks very like some earlier Humax kit we had, not that that helps in anyway.

VAST looks interesting but cannot find any technical information on it.

Purely for your interest.

Our digital satellite services are provided by a group of satellites that orbit at 28.2E. These are owned and operated by SES AStra who provided Free To Air and encrypted subscription services to many broadcasters. They use the KU band normally accessed with KU Band universal lnb's. Sky has a new wideband type lnb but still uses the same source.

http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 13:15:19 #2 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

I'll add my welcome

I'll ask Humax UK contacts if they can find out info on latest software version on Monday...no promises.

| Sat 6 Jan 2018 13:19:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Grahamnewnomad

I have just joined this site not realising that it was a UK site, the HDR-1003 does not have any software update later than 2014, It can only be updated via Vast if there is a release by Humax for Australia.

I have only had this set for a few weeks and still coming to grips with its recording hiccups.
    It is the same problem that is on UEC sets of which I have had 3.
    Non-recording of some programs, it appears that if there is an overlap of times even by 1-2 minutes it will not tell you that there is a conflict.
    I programmed 8 time slots just as an experiment , of the 8 only 4 actually recorded the others were all 0 minutes.
    Tried the same thing again but this time checking for overlaps on the library, adjusted the times so that they either started later or finnished at a different time to that which was in the guide.

success, but missing some starts and lost a couple of endings.
    It is a software problem that exists with other brands as they the or similar code.

Regards Graham

| Sun 14 Oct 2018 22:50:39 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.