My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » FVP 4000T, 5000T

1.03.39 on FVP4000T

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GaryCraig

I recently updated my software to 1.03.39 on my FVP4000T.
    My initial impression was positive. Alas that was only temporary. This software is still unstable. Every few days the free players ( iPlayer/ ITVhub etc) on the top line seem to go offline. The backwards EPG is also not available. The players are available at the bottom on the screen via the home menu.
    I need to turn off the box for a few minutes and let it reboot.
    Is there anyway I can go back to the previous version or is there anyway of reloading the new version, in case there has been any error, without a return to factory default. Or does anyone know if Humax are going to release a patch to correct this issue ?

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 8:38:09 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Not witnessed similar on either of my 4000T - to date.

Another member suggested the following...

Players menu, highlight the i top right of screen, press + and then confirm to delete cookies.

| Mon 26 Mar 2018 9:21:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GaryCraig

Hi, I saw that post just after I posted my Question
    It works. But the question is why?
    Deleting cookies doesn’t seem to be an issue
    Just a shame you have to Keep doing it

Gary
    radiosoundsfamiliar.com

| Tue 27 Mar 2018 0:06:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

stu666

Hello Gary,

I get the same thing with the EPG on this version of software on my FVP-4000T. I have also encountered loss of internet connection on this version a few times, as shown by the network status button, when nothing else on my home network has a problem. I don't recall this happening on other software versions.

The last couple of times that I have lost the historic EPG, the network status showed as connected to the internet, so I powered off and back on, which brought the historic EPG back. I guess the act of powering off and back on also clears the cookies, hence it fixed the issue. I can't comment on the Players button, as I usually use the search button to find what I want, and call the relevant player up via the Watch on demand button.

I would say it is happening once a week or so for me, but don't know if this correlates to previously using a player and storing a cookie. I will try clearing cookies next time to see if the EPG comes back for me. It definitely seems like a bug to me.

Stuart

| Tue 27 Mar 2018 12:12:15 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

g4rth

I used the backwards EPG earlier today. Just checked and backwards EPG blank. Deleting cookies resulted in the return of the back EPG. There clearly is a bug that needs fixing.

| Wed 28 Mar 2018 20:36:48 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.