My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

1100s Password

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris9

Help please for a newby! My 1100s has been factory reset on advice from Humax to cure a Netflicks log in problem. I am now unable to put in my 16 digit password for the wi-fi as the box greys out after 12 digits! Nightmare! Any ideas as to where I or the retched machine is going wrong?

| Thu 14 Dec 2023 22:01:33 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi chris9,

Welcome to the Humax forum.

Oh dear! One of the problems when resetting Humax. You need to retype all passwords again. Which password have you lost? Is it Netflix related only? If so, you may need to ask Netflix to email you a password reset code, to solve problem. Didn't you write code down? I don't use Netflix, so I'm only guessing error on screen login or something else, but to save time, contact Netflix.

Or do you mean your own WiFi password on your router, power line adaptors? Do all other apps work ok? Just need a bit more info to help further.

Please let forum know how you get on. John L

| Fri 15 Dec 2023 18:20:41 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris9

The connection problem is that after a reset I need to put in my 16 digit wifi code and as I try this at point 12, 3 extra stars appear in the box preventing the last 4 digits.
    Reset,unplugged for several hours, reset again, unplugged again all to no avail. Humax keeps telling me this will clear the problem BUT it hasn't!!!
    Staff at Humax keep saying I've asked my manager and they say it will work. How do I get to speak to someone at Humax who is an expert or shall I by a Freeview Box to spite them all !!!!!

| Sat 16 Dec 2023 9:45:51 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi chris9,

Sorry asking question again, is this 16 digit code for your WiFi equipment or the menu shown on the Humax 1100s? If WiFi equipment then Humax won't be able to help.

Your router, power line adaptors (if used) need re-pairing to Humax PVR. My guess (can't see your setup) is the 16 digit code for connecting Humax to your WiFi/router system? If I am correct, you need to find the code. Haven't you written it down somewhere, or is there a code on underneath router?

You could do a factory reset to router, but find instructions first, to prevent more confusion. Hope I have helped in some way! Let forum know how you get on. John L

| Sat 16 Dec 2023 12:12:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris9

This is the same code to connect to my wifi that the computer,tv,mobiles and tablet have all used to connect.
    As I said, at point 12 of the 16 3 extra stars appear in the box that is accepting to code thereby blocking the box.

| Sat 16 Dec 2023 13:28:52 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Chris9,

My only thoughts is can you change password on router code to a shorter password, so that when you key this into Humax, Humax then allows you to overcome problem? That's what I would do to hopefully solve as a quick workaround. The pain is that you will also have to retype passwords for any other equipment. Really don't know if there is any other solution. Anyone else have any ideas? John L

| Sat 16 Dec 2023 13:45:30 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Blueberryman

Are the 1100S and the router close enough to connect using an ethernet cable? There would be no need to use WiFi then. If the 1100S then works OK, at least it will prove the problem is with the password or something else wifi related. Might be worth a try.

| Tue 19 Dec 2023 17:13:06 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Very good point Blueberryman! Yes worth a try. Mine is connected via ethernet to powerline adaptor overcome buffering issues. The pin numbers on these are normally a lot shorter than the Router's own long password. John L

| Tue 19 Dec 2023 17:18:51 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Chris9

Router and Humax box reset. Connected via cable (nightmare) due to length of cable but it all worked fine.
    Still have the original problem where after putting in 12 digits of the 16 wifi password 4 random stars appear and block the rest of the password digits to be entered. Why? How do I delete these extra stars? The system worked perfectly with my original router (which died) hence the new router and password. There must be a way to sort this.....Help!

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 19:11:35 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Hi Chris9,

Change the password to a SHORTER password of no more than 12 digits? That will save a lot of stress, worry & time for you. That's what I would do. Glad you managed to get it working. John L

| Fri 1 Mar 2024 19:16:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.