My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

1800t not coming off standby

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulwarning

I'm now on my third box and they've all had the same problem, will not come off standby in the morning reboot by turning off the mains, then it comes off standby but the recordings fail to appear, reboot again and the recordings then appear and everything is ok, am I doing something wrong here?, can't believe I've had 3 faulty boxes

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 11:30:02 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Minstrel SE

special member

Hi

Well if its anything like my 2000T it recognises sound and hard drive functions about fifty percent of the time and I have to reboot. I am realising how nigly that is on a produst thats supposed to be hassle free

It doesnt matter whether I had it on standby or had switched it off at the mains. Its a problem and I may be sending mine back

Im surprised you went for three replacements. As far as Im concerned its a design or manufacturing fault and I would have thought they would sort it or discontinue both these models

| Tue 8 Nov 2016 13:23:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulwarning

I stuck with it because it does what I want, with excellent picture quality, at a decent price also there didn't seem that many complaints about it on the net, so I thought I was just unlucky, I found that if I switch it off at the mains overnight it seems to run ok, so far, not ideal by any means though, when I go on holiday I'm thinking I should just leave it switched on, can't use that much electric, can it?

| Thu 10 Nov 2016 16:08:04 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

paulwarning - 7 minutes ago  » 
    I stuck with it because it does what I want, with excellent picture quality, at a decent price also there didn't seem that many complaints about it on the net, so I thought I was just unlucky, I found that if I switch it off at the mains overnight it seems to run ok, so far, not ideal by any means though, when I go on holiday I'm thinking I should just leave it switched on, can't use that much electric, can it?

Less than 0.5W in low power sby.

| Thu 10 Nov 2016 16:16:06 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

paulwarning

quick update, I've solved the problem by leaving it switched on (not on standby)all the time and using a timer switch to switch it off overnight at the plug, works perfectly

| Sun 18 Dec 2016 5:38:51 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.