My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

1800T not recording

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Moses

Hi All, my 1800T has an issue whereby if I try to pause live TV or record I am unable to and receive a circle with a line through it icon on screen. If I try to access previous recordings by going media, video then it just reverts back to live TV.
    Strangely, if I schedule a recording via the guide, once the recording starts then all the above issues are resolved, even for different channels to the scheduled recording.
    Anyone have any ideas what may be causing these issues?

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 10:17:53 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to our forum. Guessing it's a corrupted time shift buffer file. Unfortunately the only fix I know off on this box is a hard disk format other than removing the HDD and connecting it to a PC booted into Linux.

Linux has built in non destructive hard disk check and repair repair routines (similar to windows smartfix app).

This will of course delete all your recordings so back them up first by copying them to a usb mass storage device.

| Sat 22 Aug 2020 11:04:06 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Moses

Thanks for the advice. I have tried resetting to factory settings and formatting the hard drive but still the same unfortunately. Any other suggestions on what I can do?

| Sun 23 Aug 2020 18:35:10 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Moses - 10 mins ago  » 
    Thanks for the advice. I have tried resetting to factory settings and formatting the hard drive but still the same unfortunately. Any other suggestions on what I can do?

As already suggested. Remove the HDD and connect it to a PC usb port. Create A LINUX BOOT device (can be via usb).

The internet is your friend

eg

https://linuxmint-installation-guide.readthedocs.io/en/latest/boot.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcV_MdbI8Nw

Other than that replace the HDD.

| Sun 23 Aug 2020 18:50:06 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.