My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

1800T - Not working with New LG

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Slogoheinzy

Hi all - grateful for any assistance

1800T has been working fine with an aged sony plasma for 2 years. Its Connected via hdmi
    Ive bought a new LG flat screen and connected the 1800T via the same hdmi cable.

The LG reports ' reciever not receiving signal or signal is too weak' message, but the channel banner at bottom of tv screen shows.

I did another automatic search on 1800T and the same issue prevails. Occasionally a channel starts outputting dalek like stutter , and strangely channel 8 ( london live) seems to work ok

if the 1800T worked before with the sony, my logic is that it was tuned fine, and the hdmni is simply 'carrying' the digital signal to the TV. I dont get why a new TV would report a low signal

Im connected to Crystal Palace. My next line of investigation is to wipe the 1800T channels and perform a manual channel search. Also i have a spare hdmi cabel

Any thoughts on this please !. thank you

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 20:41:43 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Slogoheinzy - 8 mins ago  » 
    Hi all - grateful for any assistance
    1800T has been working fine with an aged sony plasma for 2 years. Its Connected via hdmi
    Ive bought a new LG flat screen and connected the 1800T via the same hdmi cable.
    The LG reports ' reciever not receiving signal or signal is too weak' message, but the channel banner at bottom of tv screen shows.
    I did another automatic search on 1800T and the same issue prevails. Occasionally a channel starts outputting dalek like stutter , and strangely channel 8 ( london live) seems to work ok
    if the 1800T worked before with the sony, my logic is that it was tuned fine, and the hdmni is simply 'carrying' the digital signal to the TV. I dont get why a new TV would report a low signal
    Im connected to Crystal Palace. My next line of investigation is to wipe the 1800T channels and perform a manual channel search. Also i have a spare hdmi cabel
    Any thoughts on this please !. thank you

Without the make (known) and model (not known) of the TV (and it's spec which we can most likely find on the internet).

Is it a 4K capable model ?

How can anyone else have a clue ??

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 20:53:08 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Slogoheinzy - 1 hour ago  » 

My first thought is to carefully check the aerial cable leading into the Humax in case it got knocked whilst installing the new TV.

| Sun 22 Nov 2020 22:42:05 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.