My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

1800T visibility on PC

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

chriswmac

With a mixture of FTP and other utilities FOXY, AdBreaker etc I can move and manage SD and HD recordings but am not sure if I have everything set up correctly.

FTP and normal server running on Hummy.
    Windows Media Player off.
    Hummy caonnected via WiFi.

FTP shows everything on the Hummy and can copy anything.

1800T shows in Windows as a Network Location HDR-1800T Media Server 0.0.0.0
    Double click shows My Contents -> My Video etc. SD videos show as just the title, HD do not show at all.

1800T does not appear under Networks, I just see my other PCs.

MS Windows UPnP does not find the Hummy. I can't find a download for the UPnP mentioned in the forum.

The Hummy cannot find the PC as a network location.

Is this as it should be or what do I do to get UPnP to find the Hummy?

Thanks
    Chris

| Fri 20 May 2022 13:20:57 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chriswmac - 1 hour ago  » 
    1800T shows in Windows as a Network Location HDR-1800T Media Server 0.0.0.0
    Double click shows My Contents -> My Video etc. SD videos show as just the title, HD do not show at all.

That is the DLNA server. If you use something like VLC you should be able to play recordings.

1800T does not appear under Networks, I just see my other PCs.

I don't think it will.

The Hummy cannot find the PC as a network location.

Do you have a DLNA server running on the Windows machine? I think the 1800T should be able to connect to that to play content from the PC.

| Fri 20 May 2022 14:49:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Admittedly I’m using old Windows version.
    My 2000T (essentially the same as 1800T) shows up with the correct IP address not 0.0.0.0 but I have seen 0s before on a working system.
    On one upnp inspector the files on the Humax show up as programme titles but on another they show as (name)_(date-time).ts . As HD programmes are encrypted and cannot be served they don’t show. Foxy discussion is possibly against this forums rules. However if you have decrypted HD programmes with all the accompanying sidecar files (hmt especially) they may be viewable if you force the DLNA server to reindex the files.
    In my configuration I cannot see the Humax on Windows native networking only through the IP address.

| Fri 20 May 2022 14:51:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

EEPhil

special member

Re: Martin’s reference to DLNA server.

I think I misread the original post. Martin is correct. If you run a DLNA server on your PC the PC should show up on your Humax. It does work, I have done it!

| Fri 20 May 2022 14:59:09 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

chriswmac

Thank you both for your replies. I think that I got the DLNA server running by way of the streaming option in Windows Media Player. Did a restart of PC and 1800T. Media Player plays files on the hummy. In network media settings Media Players on this computer show other PCs, a DVD player, but not the 1800T. The 1800T does not see the PC. Browsing to a file on the 1800T from VLC and trying to play it gives VLC unable to open the MRL 192.168.1.102. Trying VLC UPnP stream option won't connect either. Ditto on web browser 'Unable to connect'.
    What have I missed?
    Thanks Chris

| Sat 21 May 2022 11:56:32 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

chriswmac - 1 hour ago  » 
    Trying VLC UPnP stream option won't connect either. Ditto on web browser 'Unable to connect'.

With VLC I use Local Network> Universal PlugnPlay and that works fine for me. What make and model of router do you have (some interfere with DLNA)?

| Sat 21 May 2022 13:36:07 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

chriswmac

Sorry Martin. If I use VLC-> View -> Playlist -> UPnP it's OK. I was using the stream option by mistake!
    Thanks again, Chris

| Sat 21 May 2022 14:54:29 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.