My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T misbehaves when using timer puzzle

(1 post)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

This is not the end of the world stuff but something that puzzles me and I wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar issue.

My Humax 2000T - although not one of Humax's finest products (IMO) it does in most respects do what it says on the tin.

However, this one issue is both annoying and puzzling. If I switch the unit on manually i.e. that is with the remote control then the box behaves without issue.

If however I set the timer for the unit to come on each day at 17:55 which is just five minutes before a scheduled everyday recording of the early news evening then a few times each week it experiences a mis-step. This is what happens - If I switch from the TV's Freeview to the 2000T (after the timer has switched it on) the picture will be present, sometimes the EPG will be present, sometimes not and sometimes I cannot access any of the recordings whatsoever.

There will be no error message it's just that I simply cannot access any media, be that by using the remote or the buttons on the machine. If I switch the unit off and then back on again a couple of minutes later everything will be fine i.e. normal operations have been restored.

This only appears to happen when using the timer, and again it doesn't happen every time, but it does happen enough to be annoying.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing it? The box is connected directly from the unit to HDMI on the TV - CEC is off and changing the HDMI cable and input makes no difference.

| Sat 26 Dec 2015 15:58:12 #1 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.