My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000T no HD channels on manual tune

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

GAZZA

Having moved I've been living with missing channels after an auto tune but finally tried manual tuning into the Mendip transmitter.
    Although I have had excellent HD tv from the auto tune, none of the HD bands (BBC B HD/COM7+8 HD) are showing any signal.
    Someone mentioned the area gets better signal from the Wenvoe transmitter and the BBC website seemed to back this up (or at least as good) so I tried manually tuning the HD channels to that but with the same result of no signal.
    I would;d have put it down to the aerial but as I said, I have had excellent HD signal from somewhere on the auto tune :/
    I am very confused, so could someone suggest a solution or help out please?

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 20:40:11 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Go back to the manual tune screen and check whether you are selecting DVB-T or DVB-T2.

The Humax does not auto select. For HD manual tune you need to set to DVB-T2 on the manual search screen.

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 20:52:18 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

GAZZA

thanks for replying.

Yep, all searches were set to DVB-T2

I've just bitten the bullet and factory reset. I got a massive number of channels but on selecting region I lost a load. I selected south west and although I now have the HD channels back I have lost all the channel four services, including film4 which is the heart-breaker and also channel5 so no X-files reloaded for me unless I can get this fixed.

Does anyone know of the top of their heads what channel these services are on, BBC A D3&4 etc, or point me to where I can easily get the info so I can manually tune to the best transmitter?

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 21:05:18 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

GAZZA

Sorry for the double post but I've worked out its D3&4 that needs tuning into mendip but possibly stupid question time.
    If I leave the auto tune as it is and then manually tune into D3&4 from the available transmitters (probably mendip) will I lose the auto tuned channels?

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 21:14:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

No just what ever it stored for d3&4 before. You may find you have duplicates of ITV and ITV+1 afterwards and that they may not be were you want them

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 21:21:10 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Gazza, you may well be constructing a birch for your back. Making adjustments like this is no guarantee that you will end up with a suitably tuned HDR-2000T. Even if the pictures look OK you may well find that the HDR-2000T starts to miss recordings.

The only way to guarantee all is OK is to manually tune from scratch.

For retuning from scratch see
    https://myhumax.org/forum/topic/transmitters#post-2336

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 21:27:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

GAZZA

OK, thanks again Luke.

Trouble is I used those instructions in the first place :/

The channel numbers I was given for my main transmitter at Mendip produced no signal on the HD bundles (I have forgotten the names but BBC HD a or comm etc). I switched to the suggested 2nd choice at Wenvoe and got the same result of no signal.

In between your kind replies, I've left the auto tunes channels in place and searched all 4 of the transmitter choices offered for D3&4 by their respective channel numbers and have not found a signal

I know my local TV shop/arael installer does a manual tuning service so I might just be cheeky enough to pop in and ask him which transmitter and channel to tune into.

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 21:37:32 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

GAZZA

phew, I've finally tracked it down. Mendip channel 54 with DVB-T selected.

Luke, thanks for replying. Just taking the time to read through your posts and replying gave me the mental space to work out what I needed to do. Basically you held my hand I wish there was a like or kudos button I could click for you.

Now if you could just pop round and reset up all my favorites and series records?

| Sat 13 Feb 2016 21:50:24 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.