My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000t no signal

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reedy

I have recently purchased a 2000t and am having issues with the set up. My TV works fine with the aerial plugged in, yet when I plug the aerial into the back of the 2000t - select HDMI - I get a 'no signal' I then retune the TV but get no channels found.... Any clever people out there who can help?

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 14:27:01 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Starting from scratch - apologies if I'm telling you what you already know:

Connect the aerial lead from the wall to the 2000T's aerial input.

Connect a fly lead from the 2000T's "aerial out" to the TV.

Connect the HDMI cable from the 2000T to the TV.

Choose the 2000T as source.

Go through the 2000T setup, including tuning. (See manual)

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:26:33 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reedy

Thanks for that, but I didn't think I needed any other connection to the TV other than the HDMI cable, or is this a belt a braces set up?

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:40:58 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Reedy - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks for that, but I didn't think I needed any other connection to the TV other than the HDMI cable, or is this a belt a braces set up?

Without the aerial cable from the HDR2000T the tuner in your tuner has no source. To use the TV while the HDR2000T is in sby you need to turn off the low power sby option.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:52:33 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Up to you. If you don't want to be able to watch TV using the tuner in your TV set, you can do without the flylead. But in that case it's no use trying to tune the TV because, as you've seen, it won't be able to find any channels.

The HDMI cable passes the picture and sound from the 2000T to the TV. If you wish, you can rely entirely on the 2000T, which, since it has two tuners, may well be sufficient.

But if you do want to use the TV's tuner, you need the flylead so that the TV's tuner can receive the signal (it gets passed on from the 2000T).

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 15:55:28 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reedy

Thanks again. As I cannot use the 2000t at the moment as the TV does not receive a signal via the HDMI cable then I will give this a go.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 16:02:47 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Reedy - 1 minute ago  » 
    Thanks again. As I cannot use the 2000t at the moment as the TV does not receive a signal via the HDMI cable then I will give this a go.

Make sure you have selected the 2000T as the Source, and then (assuming it's working properly and the HDMI cable isn't faulty) the picture and sound should be passed to the TV. Is this not happening?

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 16:07:53 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reedy

I selected HDMI as the source (there isn't an option for 2000T) but keep getting 'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak. I had the set-up working elsewhere and have even taken it back to the store who set it up in the shop and it was all in order.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 16:19:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Reedy - 1 minute ago  » 
    I selected HDMI as the source (there isn't an option for 2000T) but keep getting 'The receiver is not receiving a signal or the signal is too weak. I had the set-up working elsewhere and have even taken it back to the store who set it up in the shop and it was all in order.

Sounds like that message is being displayed by the 2000T, and the problem is with the aerial input to the 2000T. Worth checking the aerial lead is well seated.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 16:26:25 #9 |
  10. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I believe the 2000T requires the latest firmware for the pass-thru to work!

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 18:09:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.