My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

2000t no signal

(18 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

If I've understood correctly, the problem is not with passthrough but with the signal to the 2000T. But I may have misunderstood.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 18:23:27 #11 |
  2. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I've read and re-read the OP's post and wonder if there no signal at the TV because -
    1) the 2000T has not yet been tuned in?
    2) there is no coax twixt the 2000T and the TV?
    3) there is coax but the 2000T doesn't support pass thru?

Incidently, I've just returned 2 2000T's due to the 'weak signal' problem. Bought a Fox T2 managers special and all is well!

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 19:53:01 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

JamesB - 56 minutes ago  » 
    If I've understood correctly, the problem is not with passthrough but with the signal to the 2000T. But I may have misunderstood.

both probably, with a pinch of confusion added, but you're right as far as I can tell, signal to the 2000T

It seems the tuner on these 2000T's isn't as sensitive as people would like or require.
    A lot of these posts start of... I know it's not the aerial as the TV is fine...
    talk about the elephant in the room

we can talk about software updates, poorly fitted connectors, poor leads, water ingres, boosters, attenuators, interference etc etc. all valid, however if the box works fine in the shop or at friends/neighbours then the problem has to be local

we've probaly all seen Watchdog where the rogue trader comes across a poorly fitted 50p tv aerial connector and insists on selling a flashy unnecessary new aerial for hundreds

In reality if the local shop has been good enough to test the box and you trust them and they have a reputation to keep then ask and pay them to check your aerial and signal. Alternatively ask around for recommendations for TV aerial installers, most traders are hard working and honest. It will cost something, but worth it in the long run

unlike the old analogue signal where you could get a bad picture the digital signal is either all there pefect or nothing, there's very little inbetween. If you're handy diagnosing these sorts of things then great, there's plenty of good advice already in this forum if you search, if not then make it easy on yourself and use a recommended professional or local friend who knows exactly what to look for.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 19:55:14 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Ned Ludd - 4 minutes ago  » 
    I've read and re-read the OP's post and wonder if there no signal at the TV because -
    1) the 2000T has not yet been tuned in?
    2) there is no coax twixt the 2000T and the TV?
    3) there is coax but the 2000T doesn't support pass thru?
    Incidently, I've just returned 2 2000T's due to the 'weak signal' problem. Bought a Fox T2 managers special and all is well!

good, the hdrfoxT2 is a much better box imho, put custom firmware on it, turns it into a brilliant box

1) the shop has tuned it in and tested so should be ok
    2) i guess so, there's no fly lead (50p cost) with the 2000t afaik, shame on humax if that's correct
    3) probaly won't without a software update which I can't imagine the OP has got to yet.

interesting with the returned 2 x 2000T's

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 20:03:22 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reedy

I am extremely grateful for the replies received and the level of knowledge that far outweighs mine.

I have taken on board the various comments and replies and note the following.

The TV works fine with the aerial - a new installation by a reputable local company (excellent Check-a-trade reviews)

The store I purchased the unit from - Currys - were very helpful in setting up the 2000T in the shop and getting it to work. I also took it to my son - who is far more tech savvy than his father - and the whole set-up worked.

The reply regarding the aerial connection got me thinking and I had a look at this and after fiddling with it, hey presto the unit kicked into life and the signal was received.

So no fly lead - this isn't mentioned anywhere in the literature that I can find. Connection to TV via HDMI.

It all seems to work now and I would like to thank again all those that have taken the time to think about this and post a reply.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 20:43:17 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

thanks for the update Reedy, that's great news, glad all is working now.
    Graham, a regular, has written many posts about poor connections and provided links to how to make them better, worth a look if you have time as fiddling doesn't sound like a long term fix. Cheers.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 20:49:28 #16 |
  7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

After the second 2000T box failed I Googled my problem and found that the 'weak signal' feature had been around since October 2013.
    Since it first appeared the problem had not been rectified so I went for the previous model.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 20:49:45 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Reedy - 57 minutes ago  » 
    I am extremely grateful for the replies received and the level of knowledge that far outweighs mine.
    I have taken on board the various comments and replies and note the following.
    The TV works fine with the aerial - a new installation by a reputable local company (excellent Check-a-trade reviews)
    The store I purchased the unit from - Currys - were very helpful in setting up the 2000T in the shop and getting it to work. I also took it to my son - who is far more tech savvy than his father - and the whole set-up worked.
    The reply regarding the aerial connection got me thinking and I had a look at this and after fiddling with it, hey presto the unit kicked into life and the signal was received.
    So no fly lead - this isn't mentioned anywhere in the literature that I can find. Connection to TV via HDMI.
    It all seems to work now and I would like to thank again all those that have taken the time to think about this and post a reply.

Glad it's now working for you.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 20:51:21 #18 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.